Dismounting Gun Camera

-Martin-

Dear All,

I have recently noticed a great feature of the L-39 special tab, the option to dismount the gun camera. It works greatly in SP; nevertheless, it does not work for me in MP. It does not appear to me that this should be controlled by server administrators, please correct me if I am wrong.

My DCS Version: 1.5.5 on Steam.

Additionally, I would like to take this as an opportunity to express how greatly L-39 performs on the ACG Cold War MP Server. Dogfighting F-5s on this great server is a joy and I personally find it a balanced experience; challenging and rewarding. Dismounting the gun camera enhances the view, which in turn makes dogfighting in L-39 even better.

Best Wishes,

Martin

Thank you for your answer.

I was actually talking above only about L-39ZA and yes, from my experience, the gun camera cannot be dismounted in MP on this plane. I considered it a bug since I was able to dismount it in SP.

Your response prompted me to test L-39C in MP. Oddly, regardless of my setting on two servers I tested, not only the gun camera was absent but the whole gunsight. So now it seems to me that either this setting is determined solely by server administrators or L-39C in MP is always without the gunsight and L-39ZA has both the gunsight and the gun camera, regardless on what I set in DCS.

In either case, I hope that eventually I will be able to fly L-39ZA in MP without the gun camera as I can do in SP.

Thank you for your response.

Of course, I did not expect that one would be able to dismount the gunsight in reality on L-39ZA, and we are not able to do that in DCS. But if the same is true for the guncamera, I was wondering why the option to have it removed had been implemented in DCS. I personally find this option great as explained above, and I hope it will stay.

In any case, observing that L-39C is too unaffected by my setting in MP, I came to personal conclusion that whether or not the guncamera is present on L-39ZA depends on the server settings. I will consider positing my query directly to server administrators, should it be indeed possible and appropriate.

All the Best

I'll have to double check.

L-39C had it removable for training/aerobatics etc

L-39ZA is a Combat Version, so it should not be removable IIRC.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There are a few ZA models that have the gunsights removed, mainly ones in civilian hands.

215-a-1280.jpg

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "