VR Full SCreen Mode

Habu_69

Not sure whether you mean launch into normal VR mode straight into headset or referring to the mirror on the desktop but if its launch straight into VR......No.....and Yes is the answer. Its actually the opposite. Go into DCS settings....VR....check Enable Virtual Reality Headset. Make a second copy of your Desktop shortcut. Go to the shortcut properties and add -force_disable_VR . So for instance my Target line is "F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR .

Just a side note on that, on my system it only works on the Main DCS branch and not the beta DCS, but that may be peculiar only to my install as I lost the original shortcuts and just made a new shortcut to the beta "run.exe"

Change the name of the new shortcut to DCS_Flatscreen so now when you launch from one shortcut it automatically launches in VR and the other launches in Flat monitor mode. Hope thats what you meant and it helps. If you mean the Alt-Enter to get full screen.....don't know as have never needed it in VR.

Edited by Macka

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I'm curious! I can't see any perceivable difference on my system with full screen selected or not in VR. What should I be looking for? My Frame timing and fps are the same and can't notice any graphics quality changes.

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I am interested because full screen mode prevents losing window focus from inadvertently clicking outside the DCS window. Very annoying during battle.

True. You can Alt+Entr to put the VR mirror in full screen. There is no way I know to make this automatic at launch.

In DCS setting menu, "resolution" and "full screen" do nothing for VR / VR mirror. It's Desktop's resolution and Alt+Entr that work for the VR mirror.

I am interested because full screen mode prevents losing window focus from inadvertently clicking outside the DCS window. Very annoying during battle.

I must be missing something here still....doh! Is there some issue enabling "Cursor confined to game window" setting. That seems to work for me. Then if I really need to access anything on desktop when out of game just alt tab then click it back into game window to lock again and enter game. Sorry I dont mean to be a pain but its good to learn any little foibels I may not have encountered before.

I must be missing something here still....doh! Is there some issue enabling "Cursor confined to game window" setting. That seems to work for me. Then if I really need to access anything on desktop when out of game just alt tab then click it back into game window to lock again and enter game. Sorry I dont mean to be a pain but its good to learn any little foibels I may not have encountered before.

Yes even with the mouse setting ticked (confined) you can still click outside when at border of field of view (in fact the mouse can still go a bit outside before being hold back inside game window).

So only full screen prevents that.

Yes even with the mouse setting ticked (confined) you can still click outside when at border of field of view (in fact the mouse can still go a bit outside before being hold back inside game window).

So only full screen prevents that.

Ah.....ok. Thanks I hadn't come across that issue. Probably because I dont usually manually move the mouse much except when centering and use my head movements after that for pointing and clicking. Moving to pointctrl soon so this may become an issue manually moving mouse with hands.

Edited by Macka

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, Philippcl04 said:

I have the same issue but alt+Enter dosen´t work for me... it switches to fullscren for a few seconds and then it goes back to the windowed mode... its annoying... (using the Index) someone knows a solution?

Wow that is odd. Never had it do that on my end.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Back in 2d times, I used ALT+Enter all the time to get a somewhat smoother and more fluid experience in DCS World. (Less microstuttering somehow). In VR I have noticed absolutely no differences in frame times. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Lurker:

Back in 2d times, I used ALT+Enter all the time to get a somewhat smoother and more fluid experience in DCS World. (Less microstuttering somehow). In VR I have noticed absolutely no differences in frame times. 

în some games vullscreen gives a permance boost... valheim is an example where fullscreen makes a big difference... but the performance isn´t my problem... my problem is the window is not fokused part... when you get slightly out of the vr window on your desktop especially at the botom (taskbar)(and yeah the mouse option is on)

3900X / 3080TI / 64GB / Index /VPC con Alpha/ T-50CM3 /ACE Pedals

• 1 year later...
Am 23.9.2019 um 14:21 schrieb toutenglisse:

True. You can Alt+Entr to put the VR mirror in full screen. There is no way I know to make this automatic at launch.

In DCS setting menu, "resolution" and "full screen" do nothing for VR / VR mirror. It's Desktop's resolution and Alt+Entr that work for the VR mirror.

Oh Lord i had Problems with the Window outside of focus for Years. Then i follow a link and find this solution. Thank you very much! Now i solve one of my biggest Problem.