A-10C rolling with engines idle on start up.

Ocelotunit

Lately I have with the SU25...start the mission, click final "ok" and as the pre-active-game "zoom" completes, the aircraft starts creeping forward, gradually accelerating to dangerous corner speeds.

Don't know why this is happening, but I can stop it if/when I jam the throttles forward to full and immediately being them back to idle.

Any chance with the update you have some axes bound where they shouldn't be? 'Cuz that get's me, everytime...

I shall check that next time I'm preflighting.

(Fwiw, engine rpm gauges show normal idle levels, but engine noise suggests 60%-70%)

This happens to me all the time, for a long time when I start hot on the runway. Like VZ_342 said, I just quickly throttle up (TM Warthog) and then back to idle and the A/C goes nowhere.

A minor irritant that goes away after a shot whiskey :smilewink:

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Actually this is not an issue, this is what should happen. IRL when asked what they are missing in a Hog, most of the pilots would say"parking brake". They even developed a technique to keep the plane stationary using pedals that wouldn't strain their legs too much.

For more info, check this link: https://www.quora.com/Given-carte-blanche-how-would-you-improve-upon-the-A-10-Thunderbolt-II-Warthog

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Actually this is not an issue, this is what should happen. IRL when asked what they are missing in a Hog, most of the pilots would say"parking brake". They even developed a technique to keep the plane stationary using pedals that wouldn't strain their legs too much.

For more info, check this link: https://www.quora.com/Given-carte-blanche-how-would-you-improve-upon-the-A-10-Thunderbolt-II-Warthog

So it rolls on idle in real life? That seems like a really serious design flaw haha.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yep, I vaguely, but surely, remember several posts here, including from people who work on the Hogs IRL, that mentioned the Hog's tendency to roll on idle. If it's a bug then it's one of the good (rare) ones IMO :P.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

So it rolls on idle in real life? That seems like a really serious design flaw haha.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Quite a few aircraft will roll at idle. The P-3 Orion actually needs to be taxied around with reverse pitch set on the props if not full of gas to prevent the speed getting too high. We start the engines at Ground Start (min blade angle), then move the power lever back to Ground Idle.

Mainly due to the 3,000lbs+ of jet thrust out the back of the motors.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Baltic Dragon.....great article, thanks very much

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

really good article man thx.

Apparently the author is a retired a10 pilot https://www.quora.com/profile/Lynn-Taylor-11

Hey all, it just happened to me on the very first mission in Piercing Fury after ramp start but NOT in any missions of these campaigns.. The Enemy Within, Georgian Hammer or Stone Shield which is kinda weird, meh doesn't worry me, I just keep the wheels chocked :o)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Probably the reason we don't remove the chocks until the pilot is ready to taxi.

• Like 2

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...

Unchecked and still same problem in 2.1. Cleared out everything, literally everything, even the keyboard keys to fly, trim, rudder, etc, and still goes left the second the fame starts, even with no power, yet 1.5 works great, no problems at all.

6D80k38.jpg