Mission 1 - radio issues with AWACS/tower

dhevans79

Hi all,

I seem unable to hear the radio comms with the tower or the AWACS.

When starting up, I don't hear the feedback from the tower when the flight lead asks for permissions to taxi / takeoff. I'm sure I heard it once, but that appears to have been by chance.

I'm also having an issue when the flight instructor says to switch to channel 4 to hear the AWACS.

If I change the bottom radio, I lose contact with the flight lead, if I change the top radio I don't hear anything.

Could someone give me some clear instructions on how I should be configuring the radio panel to be able to hear all the communications I think I'm missing?

Apart from the missing comms, I'm able to complete the mission, but from what I've read from the other threads, it seems like I'll need to do this later in the campaign too.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Loving the campaign otherwise.

A second quick question, is the January compass bug still there or has it been fixed? I thought it had been updated already, but I still seem to have it. INS seems to be set correctly using the notes from the kneeboard..

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Hey!

Starting in reverse - the bug is there, but the update tomorrow should temporarily fix this - I changed the date of all the January missions to February (temporary, as I didn't adjust all the documents, so the date from FRAGO remains valid, it is just one system date that is different).

Now as for the radios:

During startup make sure that you enable both radios. Then leave RED radio (the top one) as is on CH1 until IP talks to the ground. Then before stopping short of active switch to CH2 to hear tower. After take off switch to CH4 on GREEN (bottom one).

Your contact with the Lead is on TOP (RED) radio all the time, so don't change the freq there.

For the moment to avert the January bug just use True heading and not Magnetic one on the HSI.

And finally, make sure that you un-check the EASY COMMS in menu.

Hope this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks for the feedback baltic_dragon. I don't have much free time this week, but will give an update once I manage to test as instructed above, probably this weekend, or early next week.

Cheers!!!

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Hey!

Starting in reverse - the bug is there, but the update tomorrow should temporarily fix this - I changed the date of all the January missions to February (temporary, as I didn't adjust all the documents, so the date from FRAGO remains valid, it is just one system date that is different).

Now as for the radios:

During startup make sure that you enable both radios. Then leave RED radio (the top one) as is on CH1 until IP talks to the ground. Then before stopping short of active switch to CH2 to hear tower. After take off switch to CH4 on GREEN (bottom one).

Your contact with the Lead is on TOP (RED) radio all the time, so don't change the freq there.

For the moment to avert the January bug just use True heading and not Magnetic one on the HSI.

And finally, make sure that you un-check the EASY COMMS in menu.

Hope this helps!

Ok, so in fact I was able to test tonight after all :joystick:

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.

Having confidence in the setup, I left the green on CH4, and realised that the AWACS comms are not immediate, they are not triggered by the radio as like the flight lead when you start the mission. By leaving the radio on, in fact you just hear them randomly during the flight.

Very Cool!!! :thumbup:

Also, switching to true heading solves the issue for me, so after the touch and go, now I can bring myself around on the circuit by using relative headings to the runway, instead of flicking back and forth between the map view to see where I am going.

Thanks for the guidance and support.

Now on with the campaign :pilotfly: