Losing lock with the LMAV

sobe

spike2450

...there was 4 targets and after each one was destroyed JTAC called "SWITCH" and lased the next target automatically and all 4 targets were killed."

I have seen this behaviour on one of my missions and found this nice. But then another day it wouldn't let me do it. Even, after I fired my first missile, the JTAC or AFAC yelled "abort,abort, abort! you have no permission!".

I have spent many hours trying variations but it seemed inconsistent. I reported my issues on the thread "Difficult to connect JTAC`s", and got an interesting reply from Alphamale:

"Well, when they fix the problems they're having with this FAC lasing, you'll probably have to do it the right way, which is by getting a "Cleared Hot" from the AFAC whether it be lasing OR using smoke...so you might as well get used to having to ask for permission, by first declaring SPOT and then by declaring IN, after which you will get "Cleared Hot"".

I tried and this worked, although it takes more time. And you have to repeat the "Spot" and "In" for every one of the individual targets in the target group.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

After a maverick is locked and launched, do you have to keep the plane continuing to the target or can you make a turn and go back to the IP while the mav continues on to the target?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

After a maverick is locked and launched, do you have to keep the plane continuing to the target or can you make a turn and go back to the IP while the mav continues on to the target?

As the JTAC is providing the lase, you can break off and return to the IP to setup for the next attack.

Don't call 'OFF' to the JTAC though, as he'll take it to mean you've stopped your initial attack and will stop lasing, even though there's a LMAV still in the air.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080