Sea State/ Wave height ME

Swift.

Sea state in oceanography describe waves on a large bodies of water, waves in fluid dynamics are created by either local current wind or wind elsewhere or before current time and are called swells.

Therefore waves in DCS are correctly connected to wind.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Waves are directly related to wind speed and fetch length. And last time I checked we cant control fetch length in DCS, a problem that will become more apparent in the new Marianas map with fetch lengths of up to 1000s of miles.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I couldn't agree more with this request. I have made it myself in here before. Although it is correct that waves are , for the most part, connected to wind velocity, it is more complicated than that. Current direction and wind direction are also huge factors in the generation of waves. But more than anything, I believe that the sea state is not directly connected to wind as we see it in DCS. It would be nice to be able to give the boat a little bit more heave than we see in the sim. Swells are also not necessarily connected to the wind that you are experiencing around the boat. The swells are generated a long way away and can be experienced with no wind at all. This is a great request for the ME in my humble opinion. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Conceptual-model-showing-the-propagation-of-ocean-waves-and-swell-originating-in-areas-of.png

you have to study the wave motion.

the waves are broken not only by the wind but also by the ocean currents and various marine currents.

lakes also have waves.

the waves depend and vary in size also due to the seabed.

but but ....... don't tell me you want to make the marianne pit which is 11000m deep them military submarines do not get there to get to the depths it takes special submarines.

Edited by Xilon_x

Correct

Waves are directly related to wind speed and fetch length. And last time I checked we cant control fetch length in DCS, a problem that will become more apparent in the new Marianas map with fetch lengths of up to 1000s of miles.

This is correct, however one does not choose fetch in the real life as this is the length of body of water blown at by wind.

Sure it should affect sea state in DCS but I don't really know if it does not.

Here is the hope, ED is making changes to the weather, but it definitely should be much smarter than a fetch slider in ME.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am lost now...

You can effect fetch by wind direction.

As someone who lives on Lake Erie, we know waves and Fetch.

OK, how do you choose wind direction?

This is correct, however one does not choose fetch in the real life as this is the length of body of water blown at by wind.

Sure it should affect sea state in DCS but I don't really know if it does not.

Here is the hope, ED is making changes to the weather, but it definitely should be much smarter than a fetch slider in ME.

There was something recently about thermocline, depths, etc for submarine warfare so on a lark I'd say better underwater modeling is in the works, as is the weather, we'pl see how wwll the two interact.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Sure

In the Mission Editor. Under weather.

I thought you meant in real life... that puzzled me.. I know ME ...