Torrent Speed in Australia - Patch DCS 2.5.2.17559 Open Beta

I kicked off the latest update (DCS 2.5.2.17559 in the Open Beta) around 1930 hr local time here in Australia shortly after it was announced. It indicates ~9.4 GB to torrent for this patch.

It is now 0230 hr and this patch is still downloading seven hours later! Currently only 87% complete and downloading at about 70 KB/s, with occasional short spikes to ~300 KB/s (and the drops back again). I'm actually uploading faster than I'm downloading ATM!!

Obviously I haven't even got to the actual Persian Gulf map download yet and will not be able to do so for several more hours at this rate!

I only have an ADSL 2+ connection, but normally sustain about 1 MB/s download during updates & module downloads - except when it comes time for map downloads.

I was just wondering if others in Australia are having this same problem again? I though ED had addressed the issue with sloooooooooooooow downloads to Australia??

At this point I don't want to switch to HTTP for fear of it being even slower.

Any recommendations please? :(

Just to follow up my post above, the DCS 2.5.2.17559 Open Beta update at ~9.4 GB took just on 9 hours to download during the night! Much of the last part of that D/L was at ~70 - 300 KB/s, more around the 70 KB/S mark.

By contrast, the Persian Gulf map download at ~13.4 GB took just four hours and seemed to D/L at the usual speeds I normally get. Go figure.

Edited by Phantom453
typo

I kicked off the latest update (DCS 2.5.2.17559 in the Open Beta)

Currently only 87% complete and downloading at about 70 KB/s, with occasional short spikes to ~300 KB/s (and the drops back again). I'm actually uploading faster than I'm downloading ATM!!

I was just wondering if others in Australia are having this same problem again? I though ED had addressed the issue with sloooooooooooooow downloads to Australia??

Just got hit with the problem, downloaded other DCS updates last night fine usually at 5MB/s, but today now only at 155KB/s, using the new downloading and applying deltas updater, what ever that means, either way it is shockingly slow.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.