First impressions of 1.5 Beta

:O Honestly what can I say, WOW. Ed has done a absolutly stunning job and Edge is looking georgous. Currently have all settings maxed, running tri screen at 5670 x 1080 on the spec in signature block. I'm getting a constant 60 fps when flying about, only two aircraft I've tried is the UH1 Huey and Mig15.

I appear to be rather fortunate as all my modules appear to have installed correctly, certainly I think they are all showing, and all of my previous controls and missions worked straight away.

Only one issue and that was with my Rift DK2 crashing after selecting fly, and I already know that's a known issue so not bothered about that.

The new VR screen though is stunning, it really does work very very well indeed, can't wait to try the Rift once the drivers are sorted.

Flying both slow and low or high and fast, the map looks amazing, the water is finally fixed and is now a joy to fly over, sadly only got to fly for about 45 mins as I've been at work. Will be putting a fair few hrs in tomorrow though.

I did try and hit the trees in the Huey, sadly they are still not collideable, although thinking about it, I have a feeling Wags mentioned these were only collideable in the Nevada map.

Well done guys, an amazing job.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Cowboy. Thanks for the look. Green with envy. On a three hour drive home.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

No real performance difference on my end. I assume the difference will be noticeable with lots of units. I already had 80-120 frame rates in the old version. Start up time is significantly longer due to the login feature. This is something I really dislike and hope it goes away.

Load a nite mission...mind blown :D Just took the L-39 for a spin an the town scenes are just amasing. FPS is about what I expected, though I had no issues with fps b4, though if I recall I have em on high now where b4 I ran em lower so. MP still got the weird planes that tend to bounce up sky ward, wander if that just so many different players/pings being ran of a local client. Love the new mp UI with the servers an the "new server" setup is very nice" All in all this was definatly worth the wait! WTG an congratz ED! Did I mention the map is beautiful :D

edit amigastar yes the videos don't do it justice vs flyin in it.

Edited by Call911

Works perfectly for me so far.Looks fantastic. Dof in F2 halves my frames though but otherwise beautiful!

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

I got FPS again. CBU 105s look great. Ground texture seems different. But to those with Helos I think that time is gone. I cant run 4 monitors the old way but I hope there will be someone with a fix. Thanks ED Nevada map is next

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Good overall. I did not notice an overall performance increase though, I'll have to look through settings etc to see why. Smoke makes less of an FPS impact though and the horizon is no longer blurred out. Some noticeable physics changes with the F-15, and I think AMRAAM as well. I'll need to try other missiles as I test. Right now I'm just skimming things.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I got a performance in positive way. My computer runs at 50-60 or higher FPS, very smooth.

By the way, at first (without any module - only Su-25T and TF-51), surfing in menus was very fast. Exiting a mission and going back to the main menu is hell fast, but when installed all modules, this speedy thing is not possible for me.

Sometimes in-game ESC and Adjust Control page goes slideshow, but FPS counter says it's 40-50.

Overall, I love it. I hope it will be better as long as bugs are fixed.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Just WOW, 1.5 looks and runs like a dream, sure there are some issues but they are to be expected, but overall it is just amazing.

ED have done a fantastic job and I cant thank them enough, really appreciate the work they have put in.

Congratulations ED!:thumbup:

• ED Team
No real performance difference on my end. I assume the difference will be noticeable with lots of units. I already had 80-120 frame rates in the old version. Start up time is significantly longer due to the login feature. This is something I really dislike and hope it goes away.

I would say its a win if you arent seeing any big changes in performance, you should see a change in your eye candy ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Wow, this is a miracle! 1.5 Is beyond perfect

Maxed out settings just to see the beauty for a few minutes, expected a lot of lag...

Guess what? first time ever a Newer/Updated game giving me better FPS and smoother gameplay :O how is this possible? How can I receive better performance in 1.5 when my settings are maxed out??

I play for the last hour+ and no problems! The game is perfect, beautiful, the mountains are amazing, the ground textures look like real life.

10 out of 10 from me.

Edited by siraccord
  • Like 1

Holy highway to hell!!My system screams in DCS now.GTX 980Ti and I am getting way over 100fps on high settings?!?!:lol::D:megalol:

Thanks so much ED :beer:

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

I am completely blown away at how smooth it plays. Never in my life did I update or get a new game, and my FPS improved.

I was ready to buy a newer graphics card, so happy I can use that money towards some new modules! L39 here I come :))

Next time someone says PC sucks because you always have to upgrade, show them Eagle Dynamics team.

I myself got a MASSIVE fps boost. Went from 30-40 on medium to 140+ on all maxed settings. I assume my previous performance was due to having an AMD card, but it all worked out in the end. Everything is GORGEOUS. Smoke is fantastic.

I'm noticing IR missiles are rejecting flares more often which is a double edge sword in my book. (Took an entire flare magazine from the Su-25A to lose one MIM-72 Chaparral shot). The MiG-29 pit while needing some work (beta.. duh) is stunning and I can finally SEE MY WINGS! Immediately noticed the MiG-21bis improvements and I love the new distance scaling effect since my eyes are pretty bad.

Had a few CTDs and freezes but that's normal for a beta so no sweat there. The menu is neat and fortunately I haven't experienced any lag issues from it. Haven't tried multiplayer, but I'm sure it's great. I've honestly been too busy firing S-8s like they're going out of style to do so! :P

Overall this is a massive improvement and I can't thank ED and their partners for all their hard work. :pilotfly:

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

All settings at the max on 3440x1440 monitor with mirrors on, using V-sync, and I've yet to drop below 60 FPS. Solid.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440