[CORRECT AS IS] Slow Aileron movement (2.5.5.41962 OB)

Swift.

As many people have noticed and commented, the viper feels relatively sluggish compared to hornet and hog.

Assuming that the control surfaces in DCS are linked to the actually forces on the flight model and aren't just pretty animations:

-Hornet and Hog both display rapid response to maximum roll command whilst on the ground, with barely noticeable delays between input and ailerons.

-Viper displays a very noticeable delay between input and aileron movement.

This sluggishness would explain why viper feels so slow to roll, almost like there is a dead/dull zone.

All tests were done with neutral to maximum roll as fast as I could manage.

A side note is that the controls overlay in hog matches the aileron movement, whereas vipers does not.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Ailerons move slowly on the ground as IRL, that's correct.

As for slow response in flight, you have to consider the real aircraft has a force sensing stick which is more immediate (it doesn't actually move so you can virtually input full "deflection" almost instantly).

I have tweaked my curves for this reason and it now feels much better, super snappy. Give it a try ;)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 6 months later...