Deck Sliding

Swift.

Can't you just land the Tomcat on the Kuz?! Or won't it trap?

Traps fine. You can even mod the lua to get it to spawn there.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The thing I don't get is that all four carrier based modules: Harrier, Hornet, Tomcat, Flanker D, have equivalent high-fidelity flight models. What's the "missing link" in the Flanker D that makes it not slide like the other three?

Read pikey's post.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Will helicopter decks also be fixed like Oliver Perry?

I noticed the other day that the Huey slides around on the Tarawa until the engines and rotors spool all the way down and I wonder if powered up units vs shut down ones is something to look at?

Once my Huey completely shut down, the sliding ceased. It stops sliding even before the Rotors finishing winding down. Going to test it on the Stennis next, then the other ships.

I just uploaded a video of it. Speed up to 4:45 on the video (Or Enjoy the Whole Ride)

=JUICE=

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RE: Aircraft Deck Sliding Tests...interesting results.

As you can see in these videos linked below, the UH-1H rocks and rolls around the deck on every platform, Tarawa, Stennis, Chosin, Rentz, except after engine shutdown and nearing rotor stop. And each time, after starting up, the sliding resumes. I don't fly the Tomcat but I've hosted teammates on our MP Host server with the F-14B and it slides around like a clawless cat in a hockey game. If you notice, the last video is of the Hornet and it sticks like glue to the deck all the time when not being moved by thrust. I tested it with no brakes, parking brake, chocks, and all three and same result every time. Maybe something in the Hornet coding is the key...Cheers!

Video 1, Huey on the Tarawa

Video 2, Huey on the Rentz

https://youtu.be/Gz3xQZUlIKM

Video 3, Huey on the Chosin

Video 4, Huey on the Stennis

https://youtu.be/1-aVUeJJZEg

Video 5, F/A-18C on the Stennis

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Razbam have spoken on this before. The current 'fix' for deck sliding is to glue the aircraft to the deck when the rpm is below a certain number, which is why the hornet and harrier are so sticky on the airbases, and also why harrier cant taxi at idle.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Razbam have spoken on this before. The current 'fix' for deck sliding is to glue the aircraft to the deck when the rpm is below a certain number, which is why the hornet and harrier are so sticky on the airbases, and also why harrier cant taxi at idle.

Thats good/interesting to know.

I wonder if this relates at all to a real P-51 [video 3:57] rolling below 900 rpm vs DCS P-51 rolling at 1200 rpm. It's glued until 1200 rpm exceeded?

Youtube transcribe (3 words corrected), talking about a real P-51:

I was using that 900 rpm actually not because

that's the RPM where the plane starts to

roll but an RPM where the engine is

running smoothly on the ground and

will not foul the spark plugs

it's very likely but I don't have a

footage of that and so I didn't include

that that even with 850 800 rpm or

anything slightly above idle the plane

will actually move in reality

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Thanks for the INTEL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Su-33 slowly slides when parked on Stennis deck. I bound a HOTAS switch to brakes as a "handbrake". It still slide over the side.

Su-33 is not "glued".

Connected? 3 year old Su-33 thread on this.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))