Am I the only one with this problem?

Gargoyle1

Hello Gents,

It's been a WHILE since I posted last, but I just picked up the Mirage 2 days ago and I'v really been liking it, Unfortunately I have one problem that really frustrates me.

I ALWAYS loose lock after i'v shot the Super 530. Its always when its about 4-5 seconds away from impact the damn radar just cant stay locked! I always loose air battles because of this.

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on or any tips to stop this? Thanks :joystick:

-Gargoyle

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What version are you Playing on?

And what is the target doing.

Since 2.0 has not had an update for a long time

(so it might still have the radar problems that have been fixed in the 1.5.4 version)

and 1.5.4 got a bit bugged after the last update with all missiles (not just M2000 but across all aircraft) behaving alot worse then they should.

And what was the range and what was the target doing.

And was the target AI or Player?.

Best bet is to post a track, preferrably a short one. Also if you're using 2.0 (NTTR) the that hasn't been updated in yonks and there's likely more than a few radar-related bugs that have been fixed since then.

The usual suspects are 'notching/beaming', i.e. the target flying perpendicular to your radar and therefore being filtered out by the 'doppler notch' the radar uses to discard ground returns; and potentially chaff breaking your lock.

Main way to counter notching is to lower than your target so the radar is only looking up over the horizon, and therefore doesn't need to filter out ground returns. It's never been clear exactly how the M-2000C module determines when to enable/disable the doppler speed notch though, or even if it actually does.

Were you in PID (TWS) or PIC (STT)?

In PID there is a basic underlying bug that ED must fix: The antenna recovery speed is inconsistent. When you do hard rolls, many times the antenna takes too long to recover and you lose the track until the antenna is back in place.

STT uses a different system so it is not affected by this bug.

I cannot fix this bug, ED is the one who must fix it. So avoid hard rolls while in TWS.

If you are in STT, check the antenna position bars. The target could be in the gymbal limit for either azimuth or elevation.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Were you in PID (TWS) or PIC (STT)?

In PID there is a basic underlying bug that ED must fix: The antenna recovery speed is inconsistent. When you do hard rolls, many times the antenna takes too long to recover and you lose the track until the antenna is back in place.

STT uses a different system so it is not affected by this bug.

I cannot fix this bug, ED is the one who must fix it. So avoid hard rolls while in TWS.

If you are in STT, check the antenna position bars. The target could be in the gymbal limit for either azimuth or elevation.

I personnaly experience losing lock even in PIC mode on non-manoeuvring (big) targets... unfortunately, it's on random basis... I also experienced this several times: select target (PID mode), then go to PIC mode, and pouf ! unlock.. so i relock again PID->PIC and lose again... and so on 3 / 4 times in few seconds trying to go in PIC mode, like if the radar just WON'T lock the target in PIC mode...

I guess you hope some details or events to reproduce, but, apparently, this is pure random... i tested again and again with the same mission (a very simple mission), sometimes there is no problem, and another the RDI is teflon.

I personnaly experience losing lock even in PIC mode on non-manoeuvring (big) targets... unfortunately, it's on random basis... I also experienced this several times: select target (PID mode), then go to PIC mode, and pouf ! unlock.. so i relock again PID->PIC and lose again... and so on 3 / 4 times in few seconds trying to go in PIC mode, like if the radar just WON'T lock the target in PIC mode...

I guess you hope some details or events to reproduce, but, apparently, this is pure random... i tested again and again with the same mission (a very simple mission), sometimes there is no problem, and another the RDI is teflon.

+1. PID is known to be broken but still PIC is really sensitive to loose lock beyond 10nm... Even in CCM you do loose lock for no good reason... The RDI was known to have issues but I highly doubt it was as crappy as this one. Being in the merge is almost the only way to get a 100% chance 530D kill.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]