Im a noob to the forums and I have a question

Gargoyle1

Hey guys!

Just a quick question, I'm relatively new to the forums so i'm just starting to learn it's features. What makes me kind of nervous is that when I look under my names there are some red bars and when I hover my mouse over it it says that i'm "infamous around these parts" or something like that. Is this my rep? Did I do something wrong? I don't want to be infamous and I don't think I did anything wrong to anyone :(

Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

-Gargoyle

• Like 3

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys!

Just a quick question, I'm relatively new to the forums so i'm just starting to learn it's features. What makes me kind of nervous is that when I look under my names there are some red bars and when I hover my mouse over it it says that i'm "infamous around these parts" or something like that. Is this my rep? Did I do something wrong? I don't want to be infamous and I don't think I did anything wrong to anyone :(

Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

-Gargoyle

Yes, that is your "reputation". Look around here http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=63 there are some thread that explain and discuss the system.

If someone dislikes (or likes) something you wrote, he can "give you negative reputation points" (or positive respectively). These sum up and the result is shown in form of these red (or green) dots. Giving those reputation points requires the person who does it to also write a short remark for explaining the reasons. These reasons are private and only visible to you. You can see them if you click at "User CP" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Don't worry too much about this feature - there are no other consequences bound to this reputation system besides those red or green icons. (what people might think about you if they see many red or green icons is maybe an other story ... :o)

(I just tried to "dislike" my own posting for being to slowly with my answer ... but that doesn't work, lol)

edit:

ah, yes. "dislike" or "like" ... if you want to give someone else a "dislike" or "like", click on the "+-" icon at the bottom left of the respective posting (between the "on/off"(line) and the "!" icons.

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 1

:thumbup:Check it now and you are on a distinguished road.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip