DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Anyone know if we will get the WAR hud and CFTs

Neither is part on of the USAF circa 2007 F-16C block 50 after CCIP.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That's a bummer I was wondering abt CFTs.

Too bad they aren't likely, but that's ok, still so much to look forward to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

That's a bummer I was wondering abt CFTs.

Too bad they aren't likely, but that's ok, still so much to look forward to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

meh i personally would not be interested in CFT on a viper even if the option was there. on the size of maps we have in DCS, Max internal fuel and single External tank or two should be enough to satisfy most mission length needs. Remember the Viper still has bit more endurance than a Hornet does anyways.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

meh i personally would not be interested in CFT on a viper, that would mean degradation in performance for WVR dogfighting. on the size of maps we have in DCS, Max internal fuel and single External tank or two should be enough to satisfy most mission length needs. Remember the Viper still has bit more endurance than a Hornet does anyways.

“The CFTs have very little adverse effect on the F-16’s renowned performance. A set of CFTs carries 50 percent more fuel than the centerline external fuel tank, but has only 12 percent of the drag. The aircraft retains its full 9-g capability and flight envelope with the CFTs installed. The drag impact is very small, less than one percent in combat configuration at cruise conditions.”

~Maj. Timothy McDonald, U.S. Air Force project pilot for F-16 CFT testing at Eglin AFB ~

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article781.html

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The only photos, videos or manuals that will be relative to this module (if it stays the same and nothing changes, which we all know it can) Would have to be from Shaw AFB (tail code SW), Misawa AB (Tail code WW) and Spangdahlem AB (tail code SP) circa 2007. By this time Cannon AFB had lost its block 50 IIRC. No other unit used this F-16 operationally.

Misawa and Spangdahlem...Europe and Asia. I don't see the issue. This is a prototypical correct version is it not? Personally I'm happy ED was able to find a block that incorporates so many capabilities into one airframe. Players can decide how they want to utilize them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Misawa and Spangdahlem...Europe and Asia. I don't see the issue. This is a prototypical correct version is it not?

I do not understand what you are trying to ask?

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

“The CFTs have very little adverse effect on the F-16’s renowned performance. A set of CFTs carries 50 percent more fuel than the centerline external fuel tank, but has only 12 percent of the drag. The aircraft retains its full 9-g capability and flight envelope with the CFTs installed. The drag impact is very small, less than one percent in combat configuration at cruise conditions.”

~Maj. Timothy McDonald, U.S. Air Force project pilot for F-16 CFT testing at Eglin AFB ~

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article781.html

whatever ...... as originally said the extra fuel isn't necessary for dcs maps and USAF blk 50 dont fly with them

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I worked on F-16 since 1997 to 2012. block 25 to 42 on 7 different bases and I have never seen an F-16 carry a LAU-88 (any version). Not in training, not while deployed flying combat missions. Never saw it on load barn (where weapons crews learn how to load them), so if the F-16 can carry it, it must have been above top secret.

Someone is bound to post picture of a LAU-88 loaded on an F-16, but like a posted earlier

So how many can it carry, up to 4? Does it use any launchers that can carry 2 mavs?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

i dont want CFT

luckily for us its not a feature ED has announced they will include and AFAIK USAF blk 50 don't run with CFt's.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

whatever ...... as originally said the extra fuel isn't necessary for dcs maps and USAF blk 50 dont fly with them

You originally said:

" meh i personally would not be interested in CFT on a viper, that would mean degradation in performance for WVR dogfighting."

I was pointing out that according to the experts there is no degradation for WVR dogifhting.

That being said for the most part extra fuel is irrelevant in DCS due to the size of the maps we currently have. It would be nice however if sometime down the road they were added for AI Aircraft of countries such as the UAE. That do use them.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

So how many can it carry, up to 4? Does it use any launchers that can carry 2 mavs?

I have only seen two max.

To whom it may concern,

WAR is a Block 40/42 only critter.

Not necessarily. For the USAF this is true, not on other country. Some Turkish block 40 use the WAD HUD and Some of ROK block 52 use the WAR HUD.

To whom it may concern,

Think I saw one Bl 50 Tuaf with WAR HUD.

Mvsgas whats this 600 gallon fuel tank isn't it only Israeli?

Yes, some block 50+ from TAI have WAR HUD. I don't know all that can carry 600g tanks. I have never seen in in the USAF, but not sure what countries do use it.

To whom it may concern,

Guys can I ask a question a little out of contention?

Why in other forums, especially bms forum, it is forbidden to make comparisons between sim? between two things, etc. ..? I can not understand these rules. For heaven's sake I'm against stupid kids wars but if one out of curiosity wants to compare two jobs, I do not see what's wrong.

it's like they'll tell me to choose something blindly.

Guys can I ask a question a little out of contention?

Why in other forums, especially bms forum, it is forbidden to make comparisons between sim? between two things, etc. ..? I can not understand these rules. For heaven's sake I'm against stupid kids wars but if one out of curiosity wants to compare two jobs, I do not see what's wrong.

it's like they'll tell me to choose something blindly.

Because it is as fruitful and often as civilized to discuss why is religion x is better than religion y, and why political view 1 is absolute crap while political view 2 is the only true path.

Besides, this is a company's own product forum. Rarely such venues allow for discussion of other products in the same field. There are other channels on the net if you wish to do so.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Speaking seriously, I do not think that someone comes out saying: DCS is better than everything so those who do not use it is a loser;

I talk about a typical discussion; huayra vs la ferrari, both supercars, both good. we simply discuss how and how well the dynamics of a given aircraft are reproduced or how a campaign is compared to another one, so not a commercial discussion. As a fan of flight and flight sim, I do not think in terms of product but in terms of passion.

Speaking seriously, I do not think that someone comes out saying: DCS is better than everything so those who do not use it is a loser;

I talk about a typical discussion; huayra vs la ferrari, both supercars, both good. we simply discuss how and how well the dynamics of a given aircraft are reproduced or how a campaign is compared to another one, so not a commercial discussion. As a fan of flight and flight sim, I do not think in terms of product but in terms of passion.

a lot of it that getting too far into debating the two has become .. for a lack of better terms.. socially unacceptable.. in that people will do it a bit but it kinda has to be stopped.

As WinterH said, it really does turn into a discussion like religion or politics, in that there will be a lot of words for a long time but nothing productive comes of it.

That said, if you word you question carefully.. or very specifically in a way that can be answered succinctly, and your question is about something that is based on factual info and not an opinion, then you will likely get a helpful answer.. but if you ask something that is.. what do you 'think' or which is 'better' at x or y... its very likely to go sideways.

anyways, i know it may not help but at least it sort covers how things general are.. if you do have a specific question maybe one of us can answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals