Where is replay stored?

-0303-

I deleted every single player and every multiplayer track and still I get a ghost (?) replay when I in single player mission hit Quit -> fly again. Moreover it never enters the Choose plane menu as I expect it too. As it used to work.

I really thought any replay would be stored under Saved Games but it seems to be somewhere else as I deleted every track I could find there.

Storing it in main folder seems a bad idea.

Specifically I damaged but not dead pilot plane, did Quit and Fly again, expecting a return to "select plane menu" to chose another plane and instead I get this mysterious replay starting immediately.

The replay is delicate, landing I-16 on moving CV. The fact it works and I-16 does not end up in the drink may suggest the game does reset without giving me an option of plane selection.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I deleted every single player and every multiplayer track and still I get a ghost (?) replay when I in single player mission hit Quit -> fly again. Moreover it never enters the Choose plane menu as I expect it too. As it used to work.

Temporary tracks and mission files are created/saved in ...

• %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS

most of the files are deleted after exiting DCS but LastMissionTrack.trk and tempMission.miz are saved for debugging, etc.

They are overwritten the next time you fly a mission.

Specifically I damaged but not dead pilot plane, did Quit and Fly again, expecting a return to "select plane menu" to chose another plane and instead I get this mysterious replay starting immediately.

The replay is delicate, landing I-16 on moving CV. The fact it works and I-16 does not end up in the drink may suggest the game does reset without giving me an option of plane selection.

Damage states often persist or are inherited when flying consecutive missions in the same aircraft. The only work around is to switch to a different player slot/aircraft (if the mission allows) or restart DCS.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I deleted every single player and every multiplayer track and still I get a ghost (?) replay when I in single player mission hit Quit -> fly again...

Wow! I don't believe it.

I was experiencing what you told many many but many years ago, something like 2010-2011. I thought it was my system or a mod that ruined my DCS files or something.

Sometimes I saw that "ghost replay" sometimes not. I haven't seen it so many years actually.

Very interesting...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068