Talk me out of this PC build to increase dcs vr performance!

TED

Tiger Lake (11 gen) is 10 nm.

But Rocket Lake will be 14 nm.

Desktop Intel PCs won´t have 10 nm untill AMD will be on 5 nm Zen4.

With that said: Rocket Lake´s 14 nm can have a +20% IPC improvement over 10th Intel Gen with those willow cove cores. (They may retain the Gaming crown again when launched).

We will see.

Competition is in good shape right now.

Interesting times!

Hi TED,

If it was my money I would definitely wait to see what price and performance the new AMD 5700x has to offer. Failing that if you cant wait,

I would buy a good used AMD 3700x cpu, boxed and everything. Then sell it in the new year and upgrade to one of the new AMD cpu's.

A mid range X570 motherboard. I use the MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi. That a personal choice. AMD also dont change the motherboard socket as much as Intel. The motherboard is a personal preference. You could go with a B550 motherboard but the price difference is so small I would buy X570.

Put some AMD tuned Corsair DDR4 with that I find 32gb at 3200mhz is more than enough.

As for an SSD AMD supports the fastest Pcie4.0x4 for NVME drives. I have a 1tb Sabrent Rocket and its great I am really happy with it. You can get them for a great price new.

As for a GPU you can have a Nvidia 3080 or the new AMD 6900xt when it comes out. Again with AMD it will be future proof with the Pcie4.0.

PBO is precision boost overclocking. You use software called Ryzen Master from AMD and it prioritises the best cores along as you have decent cooling. A 240 AIO cooler should handle this just fine.

It all goes together with the same principals as an Intel system. I had been an Intel fan for ten years straight. I switched in March this year and haven't looked back.

My current system is,

AMD 3600 running PBO (I get about 4250mhz single core and loads to about 70% in DCS)

MSI X570 Gaming Wifi, never had a problem.

Corsair AMD 3200Mhz 32gb, (DCS uses about 20gb on Persian Gulf less on other maps.)

Sabrent 1tb NVME SSD, improves loading times, slightly! The OS is super fast.

MSI 2080ti, more than enough for DCS 4k

DCS and all my games run as smooth as silk at 60fps using a 50" 4k TV and Track IR.

I don't really care much for the top end but here are some recent info.

When the mid range new generation AMD GPU will be proven, and price in the OK region, perhaps I'll swap my 1080 Ti for one of them, the main requirement will be good bound with my CPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Navi-2x-detailed-list-of-specs-expected-pricing-and-possible-release-dates-for-the-entire-GPU-lineup-get-leaked.496389.0.html

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.