Tabing out to DeskTop

Not sure if I'm asking this right, so here goes.

Why can't I go directly to my DeskTop from Game, with LWin+D?

I always have to Alt+Tab to get to something open on DeskTop, before I can LWin+D to the DeskTop.

I hope that makes sense and someone can explain it.

Thanks

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Not sure if I'm asking this right, so here goes.

Why can't I go directly to my DeskTop from Game, with LWin+D?

I always have to Alt+Tab to get to something open on DeskTop, before I can LWin+D to the DeskTop.

I hope that makes sense and someone can explain it.

Thanks

My guess would be that the game intercepts the keyboard interrupts. Where as DCS leaves alt-tab alone because it has been used historically to switch apps.

Back in the day, INT13 was what was raised for keyboard, but I have no idea if Windows depends on that anymore.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yeah leave a few things open in the background. I have an Alienware so I open DCS through it and also tracker Ir as well as msi afterburner to control my gpu fans because Alienware doesn’t give us that option for the gpu fan speed. BAlso, I have noticed that discord and srs are typically running and open in the background too.

Hope this helps.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020