F-14 Q1 2020 Mini-Update

Cobra847

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't forget guys, there is always a bigger picture if one takes a step back and observes from a greater distance: we had approximately 1 patch note per day since release (breaken down in average), with some of these fixes taking well more than 1 day to solve, we've been practically invested in sustainment of the module full time, around the clock - spread among our devs of course.

Everything we have promised will come till final release. Necessities like reacting to shifting grounds as once again proven with 2.5.6 or the new SC integration can either set back or simply alter the development of new assetts and additions. But eventually we get to it. And we will not let you down.

However, the less room you give us to breathe, the more we feel compelled in giving you dates, which are hope dates as much for us as they are for you. Basically we share our internal goals with you, which then get shifted per reasons as described above and others. It does not mean we work less, or care less, we're keeping at it, just as before. And, I know how hard it is to wait for the good stuff, I have been a sim customer myself my entire life haha, I feel you 100%. But getting to know the development side is eye-opening to say the least, it really changes perspective. There are so many "wants" floating around in the air, while the supply of "cans" just goes that far.

And sometimes it is a stupid trade off: I neglected the forums a lot in the past weeks, to concentrate more on work, which immediately has that reversed effect of the customers feeling neglected, most likely perceived in "nothing is happening" while the opposite is true. Just as an example. And I have to throttle myself hard to not reply to every comment, because I'd love nothing more to keep you informed and involved around the clock, as prolly any of our devs would, but it is just not feasible always.

The more time we spend here, the less time we spend on developing stuff, and vice versa. It's a bit of a catch 22 hehe.

In any case, I really hope though that we show you that in the end we do come true and hopefully always to your utmoust satisfaction. That always was, and always will be the goal.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Please don't forget guys, there is always a bigger picture if one takes a step back and observes from a greater distance: we had approximately 1 patch note per day since release (breaken down in average), with some of these fixes taking well more than 1 day to solve, we've been practically invested in sustainment of the module full time, around the clock - spread among our devs of course.

Everything we have promised will come till final release. Necessities like reacting to shifting grounds as once again proven with 2.5.6 or the new SC integration can either set back or simply alter the development of new assetts and additions. But eventually we get to it. And we will not let you down.

However, the less room you give us to breathe, the more we feel compelled in giving you dates, which are hope dates as much for us as they are for you. Basically we share our internal goals with you, which then get shifted per reasons as described above and others. It does not mean we work less, or care less, we're keeping at it, just as before. And, I know how hard it is to wait for the good stuff, I have been a sim customer myself my entire life haha, I feel you 100%. But getting to know the development side is eye-opening to say the least, it really changes perspective. There are so many wants floating around in the air, while the supply of cans just goes that far.

And sometimes it is a stupid trade off: I neglected the forums a lot in the past weeks, to concentrate more on work, which immediately has that reversed effect of the customers feeling neglected, most likely perceived in "nothing is happening" while the opposite is true. Just as an example. And I have to throttle myself hard to not reply to every comment, because I'd love nothing more to keep you informed and involved around the clock, as prolly any of our devs would, but it is just not feasible always.

The more time we spend here, the less time we spend on developing stuff, and vice versa. It's a bit of a catch 22 hehe.

In any case, I really hope though that we show you that in the end we do come true and hopefully always to your utmoust satisfaction. That always was, and always will be the goal.

Just give me jester A/G already lol :thumbup:

Would it be possible to tell Jester to do comms? (Contact ATC for landing, etc) so we could avoid the function menus?

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Would it be possible to tell Jester to do comms? (Contact ATC for landing, etc) so we could avoid the function menus?

This is an excellent idea, indeed. We'll take it on board, but please do not expect anything in this direction for now.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I remember reading from this forum that in real life pilot handled all the comms. RIO just handled the radar and weapon systems. Of course it would ease the pilots tasks but would it be then realistic.

This is an excellent idea, indeed. We'll take it on board, but please do not expect anything in this direction for now.

Great! I know there's a big list to get to first, especially of high profile items. I use Voice Attack sometimes but think this could be a great way for at least the F-14 to handle it. Thanks!

I remember reading from this forum that in real life pilot handled all the comms. RIO just handled the radar and weapon systems. Of course it would ease the pilots tasks but would it be then realistic.

There are anecdotes both ways, including specific references that the RIO handled most comms. Probably a squadron SOP, if not pilot/RIO preference.

Steve Petro Petroski indicates "the RIO has primary communications authority in the F-14."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/what-its-fly-f-14-tomcat-just-one-engine-74266?page=0%2C1

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I do not recall ever reading that myself. As far as I know it is the other way around per NATOPS. I am sure it was flexible, but all accounts I have read or heard were more in line with it than not.

According to:

NAVAIR 01–F14AAP–1 dated 1 AUGUST 2001

CHAPTER 40

Flightcrew Coordination

40.2.3 RIO Responsibilities. The RIO will

constitute an extension of the pilot observation facilities.

By intercommunication, the RIO should anticipate

rather than await developments in flight. The RIO will

be a safety backup for the pilot. In this capacity, he shall

offer constructive comments and recommendations, as

necessary, throughout the mission in order to maintain

the safest and most effective flight environment. The

RIO will be responsible for the reading of the checklists

utilizing a challenge and reply system. The RIO will

normally be responsible for all communications except

in tactical situations.

Salute,

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where's Merlin at during all this?,

Cougar Lost it and turned in his wings, so he has nothing to do............

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Please don't forget guys, there is always a bigger picture if one takes a step back and observes from a greater distance:

Ha!!!

I see what you did there, played the "Social Distancing" card:megalol:

Edited by AG-51_Sabot

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact