A-10C Warthog campaign - Operation Persian Freedom

BETA TESTERS WANTED:

Hi folks, progress on the campaign is going well, missions 5, 6 and 7 are now completed with 8, 9 and 10 due for completion very soon. I'm also really pleased to say that it is looking likely that Operation Persian Freedom will be released as a third party DLC, providing of course the campaign is fully completed and to the required standard.

So as the missions mount up and get ever more complex, I think now might be the time to seek some outside help with testing to ensure the final quality of the campaign is where I want it to be.

I am therefore looking for a small group of volunteers who would be keen to help test completed missions ahead of the final release to provide feedback on quality, mission clarity and discover any errors I may have overlooked in my own testing. If anyone would be interested in helping out then please drop me a PM.

Thanks, ChillNG

Have completed all the A 10C Campaigns re DLC for the Hog, been playing sim's in some format since 1995.

Mainly online these days in DDCS however happy to assist anything to do with A10 content and evaluation, plus have a good understanding of CA/ME/mission design.

Feel free to pm me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Have completed all the A 10C Campaigns re DLC for the Hog, been playing sim's in some format since 1995.

Mainly online these days in DDCS however happy to assist anything to do with A10 content and evaluation, plus have a good understanding of CA/ME/mission design.

Feel free to pm me.

Thanks for the offer, I've just tried to PM you but it says you don't allow messages! Guessing you need to amend your settings, if you drop me a PM I'll get back to you soon as I can. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Being a Londoner and flying the A-10C this feels....right :)

Nice job Sir

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm hoping to be able to offer a version for both A-10's, just depends on the triggers in the new A10 being the same. I'm hoping it's just a simple case of swap the aircraft and a tiny bit of tidying up any minor bugs. If it's any more than this I doubt I'll have the time to convert. Fingers crossed anyway, using the HMCS in some of the later missions will be awesome!

I just did the first three missions today in the A10c II. No issues at all and switched out the gbu 12s for 54’s and added some laser rockets for fun. Everything worked fine except the preset radio channels weren’t set up so I just manually changed the frequencies. No big deal to do that and lots of fun and very useful to have the hmcs. Great missions by the way! Look forward to mission 4 tomorrow and whatever comes after that down the road.

ChillNG,

Not sure if you saw this, but here's a video that 'Nobody' made of Mission 1 with the A10C II.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Awesome Work on this Campaign

Just a quick word of sincere compliments on your campaign!! This is highly professional stuff worthy of a paid DLC. You are very talented, my friend.

I have converted all 4 mission to the A-10C II without much hassle and am loving every minute! Thanks for all your efforts!

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Just a quick word of sincere compliments on your campaign!! This is highly professional stuff worthy of a paid DLC. You are very talented, my friend.

I have converted all 4 mission to the A-10C II without much hassle and am loving every minute! Thanks for all your efforts!

I am excited to fly the campaign. with all the good feedback, so far. Have you noticed any problems after converting the mission to the A-10C II ? Any problems due to different loadouts?

No, pleased to say the Tank Killer versions are running bug free so far, credit to ED for making it easy for us to convert!

Loadout has the potential to completely upset the balance of the missions though, however the 'official' loadout you're assigned are being done with balance in mind and will be sensible. Beta tests have shown you need to careful about how many APKWS you allow, these can make things a little too easy!

There is a real benefit from the HMCS though, absolute game changer, even testing mission 1 (fam flight) was a joy when I could instantly snap the TGP to a landmark being discussed!

Just a quick update folks....

Progress continues to be nice and steady with mission build time very steady at 2 weeks per mission, this puts me on track for completion of all 18 missions by the end of January. Actual release date still TBC.

Feedback from the beta testers has been really strong so I'm pretty confident the quality of the missions has stepped up further from the four already posted, still got loads of exciting ideas in my head so can't wait to share these with you upon completion. I'm also revisiting the original four and updating, mission one has had pretty much all the audio redone given that my voice acting got a better with practice and I got a new microphone, it has also had a little more content added.

Finally also pleased to say there will definitely be an A-10 C II version of the campaign, all has been fine on testing so I am also in the process of making the conversion - this is a little more work as also need to change statics, AI & kneeboards but it's certainly worth it. I will be offering both versions upon release. My intention is that if I get the campaign over the line as a third party DLC then you got both campaigns upon purchase, ED seem cool with that so far but I won't promise it until I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

Sorry if things been a bit quiet recently, some heavy stuff going on in my none DCS life which has been requiring my attention....but happy to say campaign is still progressing well.  I've revised the final mission count down to 16 from 18, inspiration for the last set of missions was running low and the final missions were in danger of being just filler with nothing new or interesting going on.  I now have just two missions left to complete along with the Tank Killer conversions for all existing missions...I reckon should be done by end of January at which point I will submit the finished campaign to ED.  No idea yet how long that process takes, but I hope that I get to share Persian Freedom with you all as early as possible in 2021.

Pleased to able to release the finished trailer for Operation Persian Freedom.

Hopefully gives a flavour of what's to come...with thanks to the voice actors who supplied their talents for the missions, some of which ended up in this trailer.

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...