Ai copilot later in EA

sublime

Seems to me that 99% of this helo can be experienced by the pilot so I don’t consider a delayed A.I. to be an issue.

If you add in the fact that we can swap seats on the fly and set the helicopter to auto level flight, or auto orbit, I don’t think this is much of an issue.

It’d be a bigger deal imo if this were the Apache module

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I have time to wait. Lots of other modules to fly while they work on the AI.

Will not buy the module until AI copilot is at least partially implemented.

Bingo!! :thumbup:

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Bad news to me. Sometimes things like that end up never happening. :/

From the unofficial roadmap thread 2 pages frm.last

Do you have a link?

Seems to me that 99% of this helo can be experienced by the pilot so I don’t consider a delayed A.I. to be an issue.

If you add in the fact that we can swap seats on the fly and set the helicopter to auto level flight, or auto orbit, I don’t think this is much of an issue.

+1

If you can home in HOT missiles in the Gazelle while flying it i don't think you will have problems in the Hind(atleast i hope so). And when the ai is there to do the job i can relaxe a little and enjoy the ride.

If they talked about multicrew i couldn't care less because i play most often SP and i don't have friends interested in DCS to fly with.

Please ED, i would like a little Mi-24 xmas gift from you. :D :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Bad news to me. Sometimes things like that end up never happening. :/

From the unofficial roadmap thread 2 pages frm.last

I agree completely that it would be bad news. Eagle Dynamics has a poor record when it comes to multi-crew. But please, take the unoficial roadmap with a pinch of salt. We need an official source.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I agree completely that it would be bad news. Eagle Dynamics has a poor record when it comes to multi-crew. But please, take the unoficial roadmap with a pinch of salt. We need an official source.

OP is not talking about multi-crew. Just an Jester + type AI.

What was "translated" from the interview with Chizh was done badly.

What Chizh actually said was that there is a slight chance than MC will not be from launch... not that it is delayed. The way he expressed was more in a re-assurance way, just so if something happens, there isn't a recording of him saying that MC will 100% ready for release.

Besides, ED has had the technology for MC for ages now. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS HUEY/MI-8 multicrew, there is no shared cockpit.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

IDK I guess we'll see.

I mean you can jump seats in the F14. But its really... its a helluva work load especially once you dip into MP and realize 'how its supposed to be'

these aircraft had 2 people for a reason.

However Im glad we're still getting it, things that get 'delayed until later EA' sometimes never happen at all though. I mean shooot us in the F14 community are 18 months past EA release and still dont have the promised A6 (AI) F14 (A) or Forrestal!

Ill also add that you frankly can either not do some of the same stuff SP in the F14 or not at all alone. I imagine this will be the same with a hind. Good luck firing things whilst moving, especially guided stuff. Gun runs or rockets and bombs probably wont be bad.... probably. ATGMs? Therell have to be an autohover etc etc.

At the end of the day, Ill always be against any sort of delay or 'count against AI gunner' because eventually people *can* prune your argument down to 'why do we need one anyway???' and my god I dont want to go there.

OP is not talking about multi-crew. Just an Jester + type AI.

What was "translated" from the interview with Chizh was done badly.

What Chizh actually said was that there is a slight chance than MC will not be from launch... not that it is delayed. The way he expressed was more in a re-assurance way, just so if something happens, there isn't a recording of him saying that MC will 100% ready for release.

Besides, ED has had the technology for MC for ages now. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS HUEY/MI-8 multicrew, there is no shared cockpit.

Where has ED had the tech for multicrew for ages? the L39? I was *not* talking about humans jumping in. I *was* talking about a 'jesterski'. ED has NOT had anything like jester or an AI copilot. WHATSOEVER. The F14s jester is Heatblurs, not EDs.

And yes I was talking about the official word, which I didnt translate, and the jester like AI

Do you have a link?

+1

If you can home in HOT missiles in the Gazelle while flying it i don't think you will have problems in the Hind(atleast i hope so). And when the ai is there to do the job i can relaxe a little and enjoy the ride.

If they talked about multicrew i couldn't care less because i play most often SP and i don't have friends interested in DCS to fly with.

Please ED, i would like a little Mi-24 xmas gift from you. :D :beer:

Look around on the forums. pretty sure it was on the news in here. it was official and a interview. you can see someone elsse has read it later in thread

Where has ED had the tech for multicrew for ages? the L39? I was *not* talking about humans jumping in. I *was* talking about a 'jesterski'. ED has NOT had anything like jester or an AI copilot. WHATSOEVER. The F14s jester is Heatblurs, not EDs.

And yes I was talking about the official word, which I didnt translate, and the jester like AI

AI "jester" was talking by BSK/ED previously on 2017

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4492514&postcount=1084

However Im glad we're still getting it, things that get 'delayed until later EA' sometimes never happen at all though. I mean shooot us in the F14 community are 18 months past EA release and still dont have the promised A6 (AI) F14 (A) or Forrestal! Ill also add that you frankly can either not do some of the same stuff SP in the F14 or not at all alone. I imagine this will be the same with a hind. Good luck firing things whilst moving, especially guided stuff. Gun runs or rockets and bombs probably wont be bad.... probably. ATGMs? Therell have to be an autohover etc etc.

I agree. Jester AI isn't really that sophisticated, he can't sort targets properly etc etc. Now, he's just a button pusher, until we'll see the Litening-AI, we were promised before 2020. This just shows how complicated "realistic" AI code is.

In Mi-24, they must show us that the AI-code is properly functional in MP & SP, I don't care about fancy diagrams or promises down the road.

If the multi-crew or AI isn't included in release, I ain't buying. But they haven't really said it isn't included. I guess we'll have to wait & see...

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I agree. Jester AI isn't really that sophisticated, he can't sort targets properly etc etc. Now, he's just a button pusher, until we'll see the Litening-AI, we were promised before 2020. This just shows how complicated "realistic" AI code is.

In Mi-24, they must show us that the AI-code is properly functional in MP & SP, I don't care about fancy diagrams or promises down the road.

If the multi-crew or AI isn't included in release, I ain't buying. But they haven't really said it isn't included. I guess we'll have to wait & see...

Same as far as multicrew for me. No MP multicrew Ill still buy but be salty AF about. No SP multicrew is a deal breaker for me.

As for Jester yes he isnt 'all that' but hes a 1000000000% better than an empty seat which woulda been the alternative and Id totally be happy with a total equivalent for the Mi24. Jester again not being perfect was a bold aand brave attempt. someone had to do it. and it works it largely works.

Having played many hours now in the RIO seat I can tell you that even 'just' what jester does is actualy a lot...

I feel we're in total agreement, and promises or before the release comparisons to actual hard released products (saying itll be better than jester was a tad arrogant imho) is verry bold. if you look back at the ollld Heatblur posts jester and the f14 module were supposed to be HUGE. MUCH MUCH more than this. even SC was too! SC was (and theyre still talking about..) all sorts of briefing and ready rooms and supposedly a walkable ship in part blah blah.

Im not making this up, its all in the past in the forums to trawl.

Reality catches up though,Im not saying boo ED bad they said X and couldnt do it, they need to shoot for the moon. But acting as if things are promises, or making promises, ehh... on this matter especially. Again my humble opinion, but its a tad ballsy for anyone to down the F14 module wise, it has never been 'broken' AFAIK. Some features didnt work right etc but its never been broken. Jester was in from day 1. release was remarkably smooth. HB has been responsive. What am I saying? Im saying we'll be remarkably lucky if this release is more of a F14 or JF17 instead of other airframes I wont mention.

And believe me. I want this to work. More than any airframe - or at least my top 3.

Edited by sublime