Realistic head position in cockpit (where I can still see the HUD properly)? VR

Buckeye

The main issue here is not the cockpit scale and it's not the viewpoint.

You can change the head position in cockpit at heart's desire, but if you have the view in a position which seems natural, much of the HUD is obscured.

It's the age old issue of the HUD being scaled (allegedly) incorrectly.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

F15 is borked every which way but loose, too. Hopefully they'll get around to tweaking... whatever it is. Whether it's the way the cockpit is modeled, the HUD projected, or the camera itself, something isn't right.

-edit

HUD scaling, yeah, that's it. You guys are 100% spot on. That shouldn't be TOO terribly serious to fix, hopefully. Now that 2.5 is coming together, maybe they can get to some of these quality-of-life issues.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Apologies Buckeye.

I appear to have been labouring under a misapprehension.

After the more recent update, I initially had no problems. However I made up a new mission in caucasus and find myself having the same problems of which you speak.

Camera position jumping around and settling too close to seat squab. Furthermore, as you say, the HUD is badly affected when raising the seat to compensate.

I have not had the time to look further as more or less as soon as it was noticed, I was called away from the PC. It may be that I only noticed the problem now because I usually use 2.2 for NTTR and Normandy and 2.5 for Caucasus and I jumped in with the new Caucasus mission straight away.

It looks like something is interfering with the Oculus API.

I'll report it in bugs section.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 2 weeks later...
hi, any news on this?

my pilot is not sitting on the seat, he's pinned in the stick. :P

NineLine responded to a comment of mine on Hoggit to let me know it was fixed internally already :thumbup:

Hoping to see it pushed in the next DCS update.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The A-10C cockpit is to scale, the viewpoint though is forward of where it should be because it was made originally for screens.

id like to see it changed as well, will ping the devs and see whats up.

Hmm, is the real A-10C this roomy? Just that when I see the throttles in the DCS A-10 the throttles look tiny compared to my TM Warty throttles. And this is after I’ve recentred the Rift so my head is in the correct position

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hmm, is the real A-10C this roomy? Just that when I see the throttles in the DCS A-10 the throttles look tiny compared to my TM Warty throttles. And this is after I’ve recentred the Rift so my head is in the correct position

Do you have the IPD in game (i.e. World Scale) set properly?

But yes, the A-10 is a pretty roomy cockpit.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yeah, certainly do, the throttle grips still look small. It’s not a biggy really as I don’t really fly it anymore! In fact most aircraft look a bit odd in size to me.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |