A-7 Corsair after the Mirage

Jumbik

just to put some perspective into this

The A-7E/D exterior is ready for DCS compilation, there is no edm yet, but the sources are ready (sans other stuff to make it really a module) and cockpits are 90% ready on both types BUT as of right now, we are focused in the AV-8B NA and the Tucano and soon into the M-III

Well this thread was about A7 after the Mirage (2000)...

so A7 after the Mirage (III) is a very convenient way to keep this thread alive...

I just hope you don't have any other Mirages scheduled down the road... :music_whistling::smartass::)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-7 was postponed until ED finishes they ground radar technology ... :(

Harrier should be the next module.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

AV-8B NA or AT-27?

Both planned to this year.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

I just happened to find this great promotional film by Vought from 1975. It not only talks about the typical information about the A-7 but it goes into some detail of its various systems and how to operate them. This video will make a great resource for future DCS A-7 pilots.

• Like 2

At the end of the clip it shows the pilot making inputs with a 'bullpup controller', is this just some odd editing or did A7s actually use bullpups?

I've seen some demonstrator A7s with them strapped on, but I thought they weren't used in combat.

Yes they were used in combat in Vietnam. the Bullpup controller was "multi tasked" to also control the aiming cue.

I just happened to find this great promotional film by Vought from 1975. It not only talks about the typical information about the A-7 but it goes into some detail of its various systems and how to operate them. This video will make a great resource for future DCS A-7 pilots.

I doubt that you could find a more informative video anywhere.

Excellent. :thumbup:

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

For those who do not follow the Facebook page of Razbam sim, they have mentioned there yesterday that they will indeed bring A-7 to DCS but it will have to wait after the Mirage.

I'm so pumped for the Corsair I cannot even express it. I wish you the best with DCS development so we can see it as soon as possible. :)

See here: https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims?fref=nf

I am looking forward to it as well. I have DCS, but have scarcely tried it. But....if/when the A-7 is released, THAT would be a "game changer" for me. I helped Ron Z. when he was developing the Corsair II for FSX. I am a retired USN (AMEC), and spent six years, assigned to 2 A-7 squadrons: VA-15 and VA-83; both at NAS Cecil Field, FL. Love the SLUF! Pete Ward, aka Retnavycpo

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking forward to it as well. I have DCS, but have scarcely tried it. But....if/when the A-7 is released, THAT would be a "game changer" for me. I helped Ron Z. when he was developing the Corsair II for FSX. I am a retired USN (AMEC), and spent six years, assigned to 2 A-7 squadrons: VA-15 and VA-83; both at NAS Cecil Field, FL. Love the SLUF! Pete Ward, aka Retnavycpo

Hey Pete,

Welcome to the DCS forums! The A-7 has been pushed back a little bit, maybe some time in 2017. For sure expect it after the F/A-18C is released and the newness has worn off. A good guesstimate might be around six months after the Hornet or so. The good news is there is a freeware version available, although it uses an A-10A cockpit if I remember correctly. I'll look for the link for you.

-Woogey