HEADQUARTERS - massively improved fast mission generator

cercata

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance on this app, but can someone tell me if it is working?

When I generate a mission for the F-5E, if I load it in DCS, I just get a 'F-5E module must be installed' type error, and although the mission loads, I can't get into the cockpit. (I have the F-5E module installed!)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Excuse my ignorance on this app, but can someone tell me if it is working?

When I generate a mission for the F-5E, if I load it in DCS, I just get a 'F-5E module must be installed' type error, and although the mission loads, I can't get into the cockpit. (I have the F-5E module installed!)

Heck, you can get this program to run? When I try all I get is

Failed to generate mission
Internal error
chunk_1:(310,2-60): attempt to index a nil value

context.theater/caucasus.lua
context.timePeriod/2000s.lua
context.rulesOfEngagement/conventionalwar.lua
context.playerCoalition/blue.lua
situation.intelligence/01none.lua
situation.jtac/40always.lua
mission.distanceToTarget/0050nm.lua
mission.numberOfTargets/20afew.lua
options.randomFailures/20disabled.lua
context.coalitionBlue/usa.lua
context.coalitionRed/russia.lua
context.theaterCountries/00default.lua
environment.season/00random.lua
mission.startLocation/alliedAirbase.lua
environment.timeOfDay/05randomdaytime.lua
environment.weather/00random.lua
mission.task/interdiction.lua
situation.airDefense/30average.lua
situation.enemyFighters/01none.lua

What version of DCS are you running? And if you have the program working, in what folder have you installed it? I'd love to get this to work.

What version of DCS are you running? And if you have the program working, in what folder have you installed it? I'd love to get this to work.

Ok, so with further investigation, it works fine with some other modules I've tried so far, e.g. Harrier and Hornet. Only the F-5E has caused me issues, but I'll try all the others and report back.

I'm running the latest DCS OB and I just installed it to a folder off my desktop to try it out.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OK, so it only seems to be the F-5E module that is a problem. All my other jets/helis are OK.

Haven't looked into this app in any detail, but, at first sight, it looks great.

The only slight gripes are that it doesn't seem to have any WWII planes, and it would be really nice to have a 'Ready on the Ramp' option in order to not have to go through the startup sequence every time.

Ok, so with further investigation, it works fine with some other modules I've tried so far, e.g. Harrier and Hornet. Only the F-5E has caused me issues, but I'll try all the others and report back.

I'm running the latest DCS OB and I just installed it to a folder off my desktop to try it out.

You must have an earlier version because the issue with the F-5E was fixed in the last working version that was published. (The older version accessed the AI F-5E in stead of the player module). Not working are the L39 Albatross and all versions of the Gazelle. I really hope we will get a new version soon.

You must have an earlier version because the issue with the F-5E was fixed in the last working version that was published. (The older version accessed the AI F-5E in stead of the player module). Not working are the L39 Albatross and all versions of the Gazelle. I really hope we will get a new version soon.

Where can I get the updated version from?

Glad you got it working. I didn’t change anything though.

Where is the updated version that claw mentioned?

Yes, me too, but claw says that version is out of date as it has the F-5E bug.

Yes, me too, but claw says that version is out of date as it has the F-5E bug.

It must be something else. I downloaded that version too and tried it out and it generates missions for the F-5E for me. No idea why it works for me and not for someone else.

It must be something else. I downloaded that version too and tried it out and it generates missions for the F-5E for me. No idea why it works for me and not for someone else.

It generates the missions ok, but are you able to actually fly them in DCS?

It generates the missions ok, but are you able to actually fly them in DCS?

No it doesn't. Sorry for the confusion. Yesterday I tried it out with an older mission and it worked. Now I realized I must have used the mission editor to change the F-5 into the right one. When I generate a new mission it doesn't work. My bad! (using the mission editor is pretty erratic, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't)

Edited by claw

No it doesn't. Sorry for the confusion. Yesterday I tried it out with an older mission and it worked. Now I realized I must have used the mission editor to change the F-5 into the right one. When I generate a new mission it doesn't work. My bad!

Thanks for clearing that up. So what about the updated version you mentioned yesterday? Is that available somewhere?

Thanks for clearing that up. So what about the updated version you mentioned yesterday? Is that available somewhere?

Sorry but there is no updated version. Because HQ4DCS has no version numbers it is hard to see what version you have. I was under the impression that I had a different version because my F-5 missions are working. But that is because I altered them manually. I forgot that. Old age creeping up on me I guess. So we just have to wait for the next version.

Thanks guys, I guess editing in ME is the only way forward for the F-5E.

Is the dev still active on this?

Yep, but he also said it would be available in June, with worst case in July! Let's hope it does appear, as this is - potentially - an excellent utility.

Somewhat off-topic, but I found a tool here on the forums - Combatflite ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195724 ) which I find useful with HQ4DCS.

Create a mission with HQ4DCS.

Save.

Import mission with Combatflite - but exclude red coalition (or blue if you're sided with red).

Now you can generate a mission data card (via the kneepad menu) with the benefit of having no real knowledge of red units, positions, etc other than the intel brief from HQ4DCS.

Combatflite obviously has a ton of other uses too but I've really only started dipping into this tool.

And on topic again, I agree. HQ4DCS is a fantastic app and I hope the dev is continuing to work on Open Beta 2.

• 3 weeks later...
Any news on the project?

Not that I know of ; last thing I know is that the author moved to a GitHub-hosted, open-source distribution which is the coolest thing he could have done !

I think it'd be nice to find someone to help him with this project. I may take a peek sometimes but not right now.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !