Su25t Ground units and amount of bombs

slidem

Hello,

So I was a bit frustrated to realize that DCS lacks of informations about what's the most efficient way to destroy ground targets.

So I did a few experiments in the editor.

Here's what I got :

Ammo depot : 1 betab 500 or 1 KAB 500Kr or 2 FAB 500

Antenna : 1 FAB 500

Barrack : 1 FAB 100

Command post : 1 betab 500 or 1 KAB 500kr or 2 FAB 500

Reservoir (Fuel) : 1 FAB 100

You can help me continue this list with your comments ! I'll add what you guys found out ! :)

Ummm... because it doesn't matter? You use a weapon roughly appropriate for the target you're hitting and results will be roughly appropriate. Large and/or penetrating weapons for bunkers, gp bombs for other stuff, vikhrs for tanks, etc etc. You'll get pretty predictable results.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Ummm... because it doesn't matter? You use a weapon roughly appropriate for the target you're hitting and results will be roughly appropriate. Large and/or penetrating weapons for bunkers, gp bombs for other stuff, vikhrs for tanks, etc etc. You'll get pretty predictable results.

Okay but if my mission is to destroy 2 ammo depot, I'd be glad to know what weapons I need to bring in to be more effective since I can bring other weapons with me !

That matters to me !

Single Kh-29 must work for a ammo depo. If someone need to go rearm because two Kh-29 was not enough for the same number of fortifications as Shelters and Ammo depo or command post. Then this gonna be an issue for developers coding for this weapon. A single Kh-29 missile can easily destroy this kind of fortifications.

Doing the same task with Kab 500Kr is put your aircraft in risk. You don’t need that when you have weapons with range enough to keep your life safe, as Kh-29L/T is IRL.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It’s good to stay proficient with the “dumb” weapons, not just the fancy ones. At the beginning of a war, sure weapons stocks are full, but over time the ability to make and/or transport the weapons from factory to the Front may be degraded. The aircraft would also not carry a 100% loadout.

A “late war” mission should reflect this for the side that’s losing.

You always should have the option for long range missiles to secure you stay alive at distance. The weapons amount limitation in game logistics is a feature that very few people use. Even more in multiplayer the leak of Kh-29 missile to destroy fortifications in a single departure can lead in unbalance result. Actually the red side don’t use so often Russian aircrafts because there are many negative situation with weapons and systems doesn’t work. This example About Kh-29 not destroying fortifications could be one of those situation that lead in unbalanced results. Also I guess @slidem is asking to try have fun with such weapons. How come he gonna think in real life situation dumb bombs are better... come on...

If Kh-29 missile have the feature to destroy fortifications in real life. Why this missiles is in such downgrade situation?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's NOTHING a single KAB-500KR wont kill in one hit.

That thing hit's like a truck!

And it's my favorite weapon in DCS.

So god damn cool 8)

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

There's NOTHING a single KAB-500KR wont kill in one hit.

That thing hit's like a truck!

And it's my favorite weapon in DCS.

So god damn cool 8)

Thats the same bomb as FAB-500. Only with TV guidance. So FAB-500 have the exact same punch.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thats the same bomb as FAB-500. Only with TV guidance. So FAB-500 have the exact same punch.

Well...it may not be. While some sources describe it simply as a FAB-500 with extras, other sources indicate that, while it has a smaller explosive charge than the FAB-500, that charge is coupled with a concrete penetrating warhead. My experience in the sim has been that it's modeled as the latter and seems to be more destructive.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.