Server description

hein22

You can manually edit the serverSettings.lua file inside your saved games\dcs.openbeta_server\config folder and look for the descripton tag, using / character at the end of line if you want a brakeline.

To be more "effective" you can create new server o your full client installation, and copy/paste the description ;)

["description"] = "This is the first line\
Second line\
Third line",

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

You can manually edit the serverSettings.lua file inside your saved games\dcs.openbeta_server\config folder and look for the descripton tag, using / character at the end of line if you want a brakeline.

To be more "effective" you can create new server o your full client installation, and copy/paste the description ;)

["description"] = "This is the first line\
Second line\
Third line",

hey, thanks for that, but unfortunately it didn't work. As soon as I run the server it overwrites the lua and the description line gets blanked.

Stay safe

Bump. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Try to remove any mod/additional scripts if any, because i didn't experienced something like that in any of my server installation, and believe me I did it a lot of time on different machine trying to figure out all DCS bugs

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Try to remove any mod/additional scripts if any, because i didn't experienced something like that in any of my server installation, and believe me I did it a lot of time on different machine trying to figure out all DCS bugs

You didn't experience what?

Stay safe

You didn't experience what?

the fact that automatically description will be blanked out

• 2 weeks later...
Bump. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

I had the same problem. I had to kill the server process before it would accept any edits without overwriting the serversettings.lua on restart. GUI restart isn't enough. Kill the dcs.exe process, make your edits to serversettings.lua and save, relaunch dcs server exe. Should work. Tested on Stable 2.5.5 dedicated server today.