Loading & unloading troops in 2.5.6

Mike Busutil

I am working on a Huey mission that requires troops to be loaded and unloaded from the Huey. So far I have been unsuccessful in making this work. Can someone see if you spot my error or recommend the required steps if my setup if wrong?

I have created a new infantry group, named it, gave them multiple way-points, set the last way-point up as "Embark to transport", enabled the task, set the vehicle group to UH-1 and set a proper radius for the pickup area.

For the Huey I have set multiple way-points, set one of the way-points that meet the infantry group to "Embark" & enabled the task, selected the "On land" option and set a 15 sec time. Lastly I have selected the infantry group name and selected add.

Additionally the Huey is setup as "transport" and the infantry group is setup as "transportable"

When I land nothing happens and if I bring up the menu for airborne troops, the list is blank. I am not sure if I am making an error somewhere or if this function in 2.5.6 is currently bugged

I can get this to work as is if the Huey is A.I but this is a player flown mission...

Thanks for any help with this. :thumbup:

Edited by Mike Busutil

I tried to set up a mission involving troop pickup yesterday. Didn't work - I hope it can be fixed soon and isn't broken for months again.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

I guess that points to it being a bug rather than my setup.

Indeed. I've reported that bug already weeks ago, but it's still unfixed: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264206

The Option to embark/disembark troops is simply missing in the radio menu.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Use CTLD script.

Loading and unloading troops is a breeze.

I'm so damn tired of ED forcing Ciribob to fix their product .....

I personally just stopped transport choppers in DCS, until ED get their act together

• Like 1

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 2 weeks later...

Thank God it's not just me. Its been driving me mad setting up a troop pickup. The troops are waiting at the waypoint, but there is no named group to pickup in the radio menu. I thought I'd forgotten some vital step.

The troops are just standing around a disabled Huey, looking at me fat, dumb and happy.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

AI transport of troops work fine, as soon as I switch to player or client, it stops working. I dont want to use additional scripting if it works ingame.

There are some indications in the forum, that this will be fixed with the next beta update. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

The transporting troops should be radio call to the unit.

Each unit should have a radio (as is know every platoon level has at least one radio, and in more modern times each squad has radio) and son you should be able contact unit directly and just communicate what wanted.

You can radio to come pick up, or they radio to be picked up.

You need to land near them or designated coordinates told over radio, and they get in or out as they want.

So if mission designer tells that you need to pick up a squad 44th from city of "Angelo" and their frequency is 117.75 and call name "Sparta", then you fly there, near it you set radio to correct frequency and make an contact. And then they will tell you where to pick up and even possible pop small smoke.

Once in, they would tell where to fly or you fly where you are suppose to fly them.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have an issue in OB with troops transport using the Huey: When I start the mission in single player I have no issue to get troops getting in the Huey, however when the same mission is hosted by a server for mutliplayer usage, then, when calling troops to embark, they just run in circle and then just stop moving

Anyone knows how to make troop embarking working in multiplayer?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Sounds a bit like a general issue with how groups work in DCS. There is no such thing as 'detach single unit from group'. Doesn't matter whether it's a group of infantry or a vehicle convoy, they all have to wait for the one in front of them, only #1 can 'decide' which way to go.

Sounds a bit like a general issue with how groups work in DCS. There is no such thing as 'detach single unit from group'. Doesn't matter whether it's a group of infantry or a vehicle convoy, they all have to wait for the one in front of them, only #1 can 'decide' which way to go.

Two days ago I reported that the troop dispatch was still failing. After reviewing the mission in the editor, I said, well I found the problem, the (transportable) box is disabled, so I went back to the thread to delete my message. Today the troops failed again, I went back to the editor and realized that for some reason the (transportable) box is being automatically deactivated. Forgive my English, I have explained it to the best of my ability through the translator.