Huey Campaigns

d0ppler

I've done all the DLC campaigns (Argo and Worlds apart), as well as the one bundled with the Huey (UN).

I like to have a purpose while flying, not just do random stuff, so are there any others?

I'm using the Steam version of DCS, and I've tried to install the free Larkin campaign, without success so far. It just doesn't want to show up, no matter how much I try to edit the campaign file in my text editor, making sure all the paths to the missions are correct, etc.

So what now?

Are there any others campaign (that works with the latest DCS release)?

I've also been playing with the idea to make my own campaign(s). Some sort of heli taxi and/or SAR campaign. Also a flight school campaign would be cool. But then I need to invest a lot of time to understand the mission editor, which seems pretty daunting.

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

... I've tried to install the free Larkin campaign, without success so far. It just doesn't want to show up, no matter how much I try to edit the campaign file in my text editor, making sure all the paths to the missions are correct, etc.

That Campaign requires the Persian Gulf Map, do you have it, isnt it?

I've also been playing with the idea to make my own campaign(s). Some sort of heli taxi and/or SAR campaign. Also a flight school campaign would be cool. But then I need to invest a lot of time to understand the mission editor, which seems pretty daunting.

Actually, you don't need to learn the full Editor all at once .. you could start by converting Mi-8 Campaigns for use with the UH-1 .. there are quite a few of them and as both Helos have more or less similar capabilities it should be doable.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=3&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=93&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Also, taking a Russian mission and converting it to english using Google translate is not really that difficult .. even the voiceovers can be converted (after translating them to english) using websites like: https://ttsmp3.com/

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ahh off course! Downloading the Persian Gulf map as we speak :)

Interesting about the Mi-8 conversion! I'll have a look at that :)

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

• 3 weeks later...
I've done all the DLC campaigns (Argo and Worlds apart), as well as the one bundled with the Huey (UN).

I like to have a purpose while flying, not just do random stuff, so are there any others?

I'm using the Steam version of DCS, and I've tried to install the free Larkin campaign, without success so far. It just doesn't want to show up, no matter how much I try to edit the campaign file in my text editor, making sure all the paths to the missions are correct, etc.

So what now?

How did you do the fifth mission in the bundled campaign? Did you land in the trees were the chopper is downed?

If yes, I bow to thee!

Just watched an old video, and there were no trees...

There's also multiplayer and some servers like the BlueFlag Dynamic Campaign servers do actually offer purposful helo flying as helos there serve crucial transport tasks that are necessary to win the war and the campaign.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

There's also multiplayer and some servers like the BlueFlag Dynamic Campaign servers do actually offer purposful helo flying as helos there serve crucial transport tasks that are necessary to win the war and the campaign.

Thanks! I've been wondering about going into the shark infested water (multiplayer) for some time now.

So BlueFlag Dynamic Campaign it is! Does it run on 2.55 or 2.56 OB?

I played a Medevac campaign that was really good. It should be up among the user files.

Ah thanks! How did I miss this?? Let's hope it works in 2.55

Very good question, I'm stuck there too.

That's a good question indeed.

I googled it, and found out due to the new trees that has been setup in the 2.5 patch, that mission was broken.

So what I did was actually editing that particular mission in the mission editor, and then watched a tutorial on youtube in order to remove vegetation.

The mission itself should be under this path:

..\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Missions\Campaigns\

This was the tutorial I used:

That's a good question indeed.

I googled it, and found out due to the new trees that has been setup in the 2.5 patch, that mission was broken.

So what I did was actually editing that particular mission in the mission editor, and then watched a tutorial on youtube in order to remove vegetation.

The mission itself should be under this path:

..\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Missions\Campaigns\

This was the tutorial I used:

Great! Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I've been wondering about going into the shark infested water (multiplayer) for some time now.

So BlueFlag Dynamic Campaign it is! Does it run on 2.55 or 2.56 OB?

It's running on the OB. There is a server for Caucasus as well as for the Persian Gulf map. Helo pilots are always heartly welcomed there as most people just want to be fighter jockeys, but they can't win the war without helos getting troops and other stuff to the frontline to capture enemy ground ;)

You can see the live campaign status here: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

Click on map in the upper left corner to switch between Caucasus and Persian Gulf.

The servers are hosted in Norway btw ;)

I recommend to take a look at the SOP Guide here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TVmuQqqG1aAeDYQz8QaRCIT8uYDoWtep

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's running on the OB. There is a server for Caucasus as well as for the Persian Gulf map. Helo pilots are always heartly welcomed there as most people just want to be fighter jockeys, but they can't win the war without helos getting troops and other stuff to the frontline to capture enemy ground ;)

You can see the live campaign status here: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

Click on map in the upper left corner to switch between Caucasus and Persian Gulf.

The servers are hosted in Norway btw ;)

I recommend to take a look at the SOP Guide here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TVmuQqqG1aAeDYQz8QaRCIT8uYDoWtep

Thanks, I will check this out :)

• 3 weeks later...

I played the first Hollywood mission where you to pick you have to pick the troops at the 27B base. I landed right next the troops but I can’t load the troops. I run OB 2.5.6.

And it lists the radio frequencies as AM but that range is set with the FM radio right?

Edited by DutchCoolHand

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

So what now?

Hey dOppler

Do you use DISCORD?

Our Group Mission Server is coming soon and we test it today. 18.00 Zulu.

If you are interested in participating in the test, please let me know. :thumbup:

Best over DISCORD but still fine here in the Forum.

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

Here you find some information about the mission as well. Just go to the GROUP MISSION SERVER section "mission-descriptions".

Always happy landings ;)

Argo Campaign Mission 04

I cant finish this night mission because I can't see anything, the searchlight is useless. Pitch black night & you cant use NVG's due to the stupid mission rules. Any suggestions?

Also is the Worlds Apart Campaign better than Argo (As in playable?).

Hey dOppler

Do you use DISCORD?

Our Group Mission Server is coming soon and we test it today. 18.00 Zulu.

If you are interested in participating in the test, please let me know. :thumbup:

Best over DISCORD but still fine here in the Forum.

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

Here you find some information about the mission as well. Just go to the GROUP MISSION SERVER section "mission-descriptions".

Hi! Haven't been in here for a while. But sure, if my time schedule fits, I would like to join your test server. I've added it to my discord now :)

Hi! Haven't been in here for a while. But sure, if my time schedule fits, I would like to join your test server. I've added it to my discord now :)

At the moment the mission on the server is unplayable because of desyncs :(

Players' aircraft is morving around like in a StarTrack movie.

I hope this will be solved with the next server patch as well.

Always happy landings ;)