Custom Skin for Smokewinder possible?

Sarpalaxan

I'me working on an Aerobatic Skin for the F-5 right now. So I wanted to ask if it is possible to onclude custom Smokewinders in the skin. I found out that it is possible to have Custom Drop Tanks, but I haven't found a skin containing missiles. Does someone know if they can even be referenced in the Description lua?

Yup, here is the lua line :

{"Smokewinder" , 0 , "../CH Patrouille Suisse generic/Smokewinder" , false};

(replace the path according to your skin... Is it supposed to be a red'n'white skin ? :D )

Textures are in DCSWorld\Bazar\World\textures\AeroWeapons.zip

-Smokewinder_Diff.dds

-Smokewinder_NM.dds

-Smokewinder_Spec.dds

About the drop tanks, remember they're not converted to PBR. Roughmet textures won't apply.

If you (or someone else) needs the lua for drop tanks :

{"Material #0" , 0 , "ptb_275_diffuse" , false};
{"PTB_150" , 0 , "ptb_150_diffuse" , false};

DDS are also in in DCSWorld\Bazar\World\textures\AeroWeapons.zip

Edited by Clorydric

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

Thank you so much. Kinda new to skinning in DCS. Does it matter where in the Lua I put the line?

It's propably going to be Black and Jello

The words PBR and Roughmet are mostly gibberish to me, but i'me sure that in a few Months it will make sence. For now i get trough with Frankensteining LUA's and Skins.

874128950_WhatsAppImage2020-02-11at22_25_02.thumb.jpeg.fe4e740e770725b74766eef53594ca41.jpeg

About PBR and roughmet, just have a look at https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193596.

If you want some more advanced readings about PBR, I suggest you to read this : https://academy.substance3d.com/courses/the-pbr-guide-part-1

The lines order in the lua doesn't matter as long as you insert them between the { }.

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index