Viacom Pro / SRS setup with the Huey

ruprecht

Hey, can anyone show me how they have Viacom Pro set up to work with the Huey and SRS?

- VoiceAttack options / PTT setup

- Viacom options / PTT setup

- SRS options / PTT setup

- DCS options / PTT setup

The interplay between them is doing my head in. I can't get anything to work in the Huey, though I have Viacom working ok with the Tomcat.

tia

( @Hollywood_315 )?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• 3 weeks later...

What's the problem?

Voiceattack has a 4-way bound on my Throttle for TX1, 2, 3 and 5

Vaicom doesn't need specific options set for the Huey on top of that

SRS has the same 4-way bound as Voiceattack

DCS doesn't need special options set for that, the aforementioned 4-way isn't bound in DCS itself

The same 4-way is also push-to-mute in Discord, so I can hang out with the squad in both SRS and Discord (if needed) and I don't transmit over both.

Now you just need to activate the radio you want to use in the Huey over it's radio dial. Since it only has one radio, I can only use TX1 for Voicattack / VAICOM. Same with SRS.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• 2 weeks later...
What's the problem?

Voiceattack has a 4-way bound on my Throttle for TX1, 2, 3 and 5

Vaicom doesn't need specific options set for the Huey on top of that

SRS has the same 4-way bound as Voiceattack

DCS doesn't need special options set for that, the aforementioned 4-way isn't bound in DCS itself

The same 4-way is also push-to-mute in Discord, so I can hang out with the squad in both SRS and Discord (if needed) and I don't transmit over both.

Now you just need to activate the radio you want to use in the Huey over it's radio dial. Since it only has one radio, I can only use TX1 for Voicattack / VAICOM. Same with SRS.

Works fine with other module expect from UH1, when VAICOM and SRS works together it causes hot mic as soon i use one of the TX PTT.. To turn off the HOT mic, the radio selector must be set to PVT and then press one of the TX PTT..

SRS is enable in Vaicom, and SRS without VAICOM works fine..

Any idea?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yep, I’m having exactly the same issue. Did anyone work out what causes it?

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Go to settings in SRS and turn off "Allow INCOCKPIT DCS CONTROLLED PTT"

Oh - I just found this post! Thank you. I've been wondering why the menu option keeps coming up and closing on the screen, in the end having to run DCS without VIACOM when using the Huey! Can't wait to try this tonight so I can get back to learning VIACOM! Thank you!

I spoke too soon. I've turned that off and I'm still having problems in the Huey. The intercom and radio menu's randomly turn on and off very frequently. The only way I seem to be able to combat it is to turn off plugins in Voice Attack. (Or not have VA running at all).

The only plugin I have for VA is Viacom so I'm assuming it's something playing up there, but I don't know what because I'm not giving it any commands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For anyone else who may come across these issues - here's what happened with me:

I had two installations of DCS. Stable and OpenBeta. Problem was only happening in OpenBeta.

Both OB and Stable were using the same config directory. I ended up needing to create a dcs_variant.txt file in the main directory of the openbeta and typing in a single word "openbeta" in there. That then caused a new 'saved games\dcs.openbeta' directory to be created which split the two user configurations.

Viacom was also using the one main directory. Make sure that you put in a custom directory where the main install (ie, not saved games) is for the session you're playing - as well as use the slider in Viacom to switch between 'stable release' and 'open beta'.

Once getting all this setup correctly - things appear to be falling into place.

Hope this helps someone down the track.

• 6 months later...
On 10/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, Adam said:

I spoke too soon. I've turned that off and I'm still having problems in the Huey. The intercom and radio menu's randomly turn on and off very frequently. The only way I seem to be able to combat it is to turn off plugins in Voice Attack. (Or not have VA running at all).

The only plugin I have for VA is Viacom so I'm assuming it's something playing up there, but I don't know what because I'm not giving it any commands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try singel PTT mode in VAICOM, config, PTT