Operation Medvedev II: question about mission 2 (possible spoilers)

sirrah

It probably is my own incompetence.. but I'm having trouble with mission 2

Is it possible that this mission got broken with OB 2.5.6?

When I hover over the landing spot, to clear the way for the Mi-8, I don't see anything there. I scouted the area around the mountain and cleared all enemies that I could find. Most of them started shooting at me, so I'm pretty sure I got 'em all.

But the Mi-8 is just keeps flying its holding pattern.

Then, when I landed at the landing spot, soon as my wheels touched the ground, I immediately got shot up. (still with ctrl-F11 I couldn't find any enemies)

Any tips? Or could this be broken?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

In case anyone else is having the same issue...

I checked the mission editor and it appears that the AAA unit is placed pretty much in a tree (maybe the mission was made pre 2.5, when there were less trees)

I solved it by moving the enemy AAA unit to a bit more open space.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You can edit the mission and move that AAA unit out of the woods. I think there’s another AAA unit in some trees on the other side of the hill.

I can edit it and send it to you if you need.

There's only 1 AAA unit as far as I could see in the ME

As I stated before, simply moving it out into the open indeed solves the issue

System specs:

There's only 1 AAA unit as far as I could see in the ME

Yeah, there's one hidden AAA unit that you need to kill for the mission, but in the town on the other side, there's another hidden in the woods. You don't need to kill this second one, but if you spend time hunting AAA while waiting for the MI8 to do its thing, this second AAA will only shoot you once you're directly above it.

I corrected the two AAA units. You can download the mission and copy it to Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/aircraft/Ka-50/Missions/Campaigns. It'll get overwritten back to the regular version each time DCS is patched though.

BS2_C2.miz

bs2.png.f805f4daa7e999e302d03d24c533e008.png

Edited by Scofflaw

run come save me

• 2 weeks later...

Mission 14 as well (maybe it effected all missions)

Easily modified in ME of course... but still

This error was introduced with OB 2.5.6.47224

(how I know.. I tried and and got shot down on mission 14 two days ago :P)

System specs: