How to make plane for certain faction???

ChuckIV

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of making a "German" bomber using the B17 bomber in disquise. I'm almost done with the skin, but I don't know how to make this plane selectable for the Germans or Third Reich. In other words, when in the editor, the B17 does not show up as an option/type for the Germans or Third Reich. Also, selecting "Ground Attack" or "Runway Attack" for the Third Reich doesn't show the B17 as a choice. In the description file, at the bottom, I put the following lines thinking this might do it...

name = "Dornier Do-217 Bomber"

countries = {"GER", "NZG",}

... but still no luck. Does anyone know how to make a plane selectable for a certain faction??

ChuckIV

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

... but still no luck. Does anyone know how to make a plane selectable for a certain faction??

Editing the game files can do the trick, but then you cant share the mission with anyone that hasnt made that editing. I prefer to add the "USAF Agressors" to the same faction as "Third Reich", that will work because the Agressors can use any aircraft or vehicle available.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

How?

How do I... "add the "USAF Agressors" to the same faction as "Third Reich" ??

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

How do I... "add the "USAF Agressors" to the same faction as "Third Reich" ??

?? .. when you define your mission's coalitions, just place "USAF Agressors" on the same Coalition as "Third Reich".

If you already created the mission, then use the "Mission Coalition Mod" to edit the Mission's Coalitions list.

Here is a sample B-17 of the USAF Agressor "country", I placed it on the red coalition alongsidethe other Axis Pact countries.

0Kz4us8.jpg

Please, when you finish your getman livery, could you please share it? ... the one I used on this sample is from Republica Dominicana, by @ChSubZero :thumbup:

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Terminology is important here:

In order to make airframes available to other countries, the .lua edit you described is required. This is independent of the coalition that country is a part of.

Coalition is the Red or Blue side as depicted on the game map. To reassign countries to different coalitions, select file -> new from inside the mission editor. You will be given the option to reassign coalitions and choose the desired theater of operations.

Make B-17 available for other countries??

What I'm trying to do is make the B-17 available for OTHER countries. I don't want to force the USA to be the red coalition because I want the USA P-51 go up against the German B17 for example. If I force the USA over to the red coalition so the red can use the B17, then won't that make ALL the USA planes red as well ???

I just want to make the B17 available for the Third Reich for example - How do I do that???

ChuckIV

SYSTEM:

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

If I force the USA over to the red coalition so the red can use the B17, then won't that make ALL the USA planes red as well ???

USA is not the same as "USAF Agressors", they are like two different countries. For the Red side the country "Insurgents" fills the same role. This is the best you can do with vanilla DCS .. placing the B-17 on the 3rd reich country requires editing the game lua files, that is a Modded version of DCS.