JF-17 and SD-10 RWR symbology.

Airhunter

RWR signatures for 2007 aircraft in already retired bird?

No, but it would be still stupid to not add them imo (not calling you stupid, Draconus, I hope that's obvious). While this ofc is not realistic, we still need to take the environment it can be flown in seriously. Else we wouldnt have recorded Jester calling out a spitfire if you lock it either, etc etc... It's still created for DCS and thus it needs the rwr symbology of its opponents and the capability to VID (Jester) any airplane in dcs, etc.. It may not reflect the environment it flew in, but it reflects the environment it flies in today, and that's DCS.

We will add it asap.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I would like to criticise that

While this ofc is not realistic, we still need to take the environment it can be flown in seriously.

contradicts

I can assure you that everything we implemented, we did from the viewpoint "recreate Tomcat as accurately as possible" regardless of how it would influence its environment, or be influenced by it, positively or negatively, within the limits of DCS.

from

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4006691&postcount=6

Surprise surprise

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

contradicts

from

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4006691&postcount=6

How's that contradictory? You cherry picked a statement based on nerfing / balancing the plane's performance and trying to apply that to adequate RWR warnings. How's that even remotely relatable to the subject at hand? HBs Tomcat flies with the 17, it should appropriately get the RWR label.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

After a second thought I am satisfied by an explanation that IRL the Tomcat's RWR would probably be updated before the mission if such aircraft are expected and if it's possible.

Otoh Jester could at least try to be more surprised by Spitfires flying around ;P

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

With that level of expectation when it comes to realism, I can only hope that you live by your own rules and dont fly the tomcat in DCS, since it is retired irl. Flying a US tomcat in DCS in 2019 is just not realistic. However you can still spawn it on the ground and look at it, if thats what you are into.

Also stop quote mining please.

In a realistic scenario Jester would know Jeff and the systems would be updated aswell. That simple and no realistic way to doubt that.

Yes, the -B Tomcat never really had the chance to meet a JF-17 IRL but as has been stated an advanced RWR like the AN/ALR-67 has a software defined library which is used to identify detected emitters. This library would be updated according to current threats in theatre and as DCS allows for these two to meet it's logical to add symbology for it as that's what would happen very quickly IRL if they had ever been anticipated to meet each other.

Else we wouldnt have recorded Jester calling out a spitfire if you lock it either, etc etc...

wait are you saying that they didn't see spitfires? next you would be telling me the final countdown isnt real at all and the tomcat never fought a6m zeros!

why is this even being humored at all? this is a video game where aircraft from all sort of times are mashed together. almost every aircraft in the game would not be able to identify the jf 17 with that sort of logic

for example the f16 is set to 2007 and is national guard which is the year the jf 17 was introduced

does that mean the f16 should not be able to identify the jf 17 in its rwr?

with this line of logic aircraft like the f-5 would not be able to identify almost every single aircraft on its rwr

No, but it would be still stupid to not add them imo (not calling you stupid, Draconus, I hope that's obvious). While this ofc is not realistic, we still need to take the environment it can be flown in seriously. Else we wouldnt have recorded Jester calling out a spitfire if you lock it either, etc etc... It's still created for DCS and thus it needs the rwr symbology of its opponents and the capability to VID (Jester) any airplane in dcs, etc.. It may not reflect the environment it flew in, but it reflects the environment it flies in today, and that's DCS.

We will add it asap.

So whats the NATO identifier for the JF-17? (i.e. flogger for the mig-23 etc)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It would be added if the Tomcat was going to be in a situation where it was fighting JF-17's. So there's no reason why they shouldn't.

Tomacats (2006) were retired before the JF-17 made it into service (2008). So there is that bit of "realism" to consider. But for fantasy scenarios where the Navy budget would have permitted a later retirement or earlier JF-17 development its a good idea. At any rate, I have no problem adding them to the RWR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

wait are you saying that they didn't see spitfires? next you would be telling me the final countdown isnt real at all and the tomcat never fought a6m zeros!

why is this even being humored at all? this is a video game where aircraft from all sort of times are mashed together. almost every aircraft in the game would not be able to identify the jf 17 with that sort of logic

for example the f16 is set to 2007 and is national guard which is the year the jf 17 was introduced

does that mean the f16 should not be able to identify the jf 17 in its rwr?

with this line of logic aircraft like the f-5 would not be able to identify almost every single aircraft on its rwr

Wait, do we have AI zeros? Cuz well... Reasons...

Yes, the -B Tomcat never really had the chance to meet a JF-17 IRL but as has been stated an advanced RWR like the AN/ALR-67 has a software defined library which is used to identify detected emitters. This library would be updated according to current threats in theatre and as DCS allows for these two to meet it's logical to add symbology for it as that's what would happen very quickly IRL if they had ever been anticipated to meet each other.

Would the SD-10 show up as an R-77? Or is it different enough?

What would the JF-17 radar show up as? Is it unique enough or is it used by earlier aircraft?

After a second thought I am satisfied by an explanation that IRL the Tomcat's RWR would probably be updated before the mission if such aircraft are expected and if it's possible.

Otoh Jester could at least try to be more surprised by Spitfires flying around ;P

They should re-record any ww2 planes to be comical identifiers the first time he does it. like "wtf is that? are we at an airshow? Thats a spitfire" or something more humorous"

Tomacats (2006) were retired before the JF-17 made it into service (2008). So there is that bit of "realism" to consider. But for fantasy scenarios where the Navy budget would have permitted a later retirement or earlier JF-17 development its a good idea. At any rate, I have no problem adding them to the RWR.

Agreed.:).

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

A scenario with an F-14B and a JF-17 isn't realistic to begin with, so who cares if the RWR library is updated? If you don't like that, just don't put those two aircraft in missions together.

For those of us that participate in PvP on servers that allow any module, this is vital and would be perfectly reasonable that the RWR library would be updated on the real jet if it was still in service.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII