AV-8B MLU

Prowler111

Wow, when I saw that, I thought somebody is showing off their surplus piece of equipment they bought on Ebay. That's really good :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Awesome!

It is out of question that some things just need their development time. And Razbam should take that time too. But it would be a fine step from Razbam if you sometimes would be a little more informative (as with Heatblur or Eagle Dynamics). I think that would stifle so many heated and sometimes even unnecessary discussion in the community in the bud.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

AV-8B N/A is also getting a midlife upgrade, here is a very WiP of new cockpit textures.

And fear not, work on it has never stopped, some stuff just need quite some time to get finished the proper way.

49404330_10157116462349446_5415906683119468544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=530bfd18e617bda73c86575aacebd123&oe=5CFE3964

Prowler can you comment on external model? Few weeks ago there were some talks about curvature of intake and probe in bug reports section.

Now those cockpit textures are a million % better than today. WOW! Awesome. Is there any idea of when the upgrade will occur?

The only thing that worries me is if VR performance will suffer. Currently the Harrier is one of the best performing planes, and I dunno if its because of the textures or not. I know the Mig21 textures are part of the performance issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The only thing that worries me is if VR performance will suffer. Currently the Harrier is one of the best performing planes, and I dunno if its because of the textures or not. I know the Mig21 textures are part of the performance issue.

This also concerns me as well.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

If you dont have problems now, there is no reason you'll have problems when these will be ready

i started to regret for not buying this plane on winter sale :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Is there any information on if a AV8B Plus is being developed? I love flying the NA variant however it only really shows its perks at night which in most dcs servers is a rarity.

Currently it feels like the Harrier is in a weird spot as it is faster then the A10C but slower then the F18C and with the f18C getting upgraded soon with the TPOD and expanded weapons load out the Harrier i feel might end up fading out a bit.

The only perk it will have is V/STOL and being able to have FLIR on the Hud.

The Plus or even GR9 would be sweet to have for the day as it has access to harms, harpoons, Brimstone etc.

Is there any information on if a AV8B Plus is being developed? I love flying the NA variant however it only really shows its perks at night which in most dcs servers is a rarity.

Currently it feels like the Harrier is in a weird spot as it is faster then the A10C but slower then the F18C and with the f18C getting upgraded soon with the TPOD and expanded weapons load out the Harrier i feel might end up fading out a bit.

The only perk it will have is V/STOL and being able to have FLIR on the Hud.

The Plus or even GR9 would be sweet to have for the day as it has access to harms, harpoons, Brimstone etc.

Whilst I'd love to have a British variant, the N/A is perfectly capable of almost all of the plus's ground attack abilities. The only real difference is the swapping of a DMT for a radar, harms and harpoons as you mentioned. The N/A is just a bit less capable of SEAD, Anti-Ship and BVR A2A.

Not too bad...

Is only a name, like real MLU acronymus on real planes.

If you like it more just think about update-improve-refurbish what ever you preffer.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Neither the AV-8B Plus nor the Harrier GR.7/9 can carry AGM-88 HARM's or AGM-84 Harpoon's. The Harrier GR.9 did have the capability to run with Brimstone and Stormshadow in an emergency. I believe it was tested once and never again. They knew the Harrier was due to be retired so the MoD never spent the money upgrading the Harrier fleet's avionics and training the pilots for it.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

If you dont have problems now, there is no reason you'll have problems when these will be ready

Cool.

I'm just trying to understand the nuances of why certain planes have better framerates than others. Posts over in the mig21 area suggest that their textures are part of the issue with the mig.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).