Switching CM programs?

Harlikwin

Where do I do this? I have program 1, but I can't figure how to use program 2-4.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah I saw the page in the manual, but how do I get to that specific page?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Press the CMBT preset on the bottom row of OSBs. It usually says CMBT and SMS for quick access. There might be a HOTAS way like master mode air to air I think, haven’t delved deep into the HOTAS yet because my setup is button limited.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

That's the CMBT page — you get to it either through the bottom 2 button on the (usually) left MFD or on the SMS page, or you get there using the (iirc) R2 button from the main menu.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Dammit, no HOTAS switch for CMBT or CMS PROG, we’re going to fumble with those two MFD buttons in flight a lot....

See, thats one of the reasons I realistically map my hotas, I want to be the poor schmuck doing that, so I can see how human design factors and pilot workloads compare between planes :).

See, thats one of the reasons I realistically map my hotas, I want to be the poor schmuck doing that, so I can see how human design factors and pilot workloads compare between planes :).

I admire your attitude and usually I try to do the same for immersion (to the extent my physical setup allows), but this is one where I mapped the relevant OSBs to HOTAS :lol:

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Dammit, no HOTAS switch for CMBT or CMS PROG, we’re going to fumble with those two MFD buttons in flight a lot....

It's only been a few days, granted, but a lot about this aircraft seem to follow the philosophy of set it it beforehand and then it will be fast; try to do it all in the middle of the chaos, and it'll be… perhaps not slow, but less than efficient. But then again, I also suspect that some of that is more due to how the module is done — the focus on keeping your DTC updated and all that — in relation to how many other modules skip that step, or it is just implied in how the aircraft is set up as you click on the Fly button.

Also…

See, thats one of the reasons I realistically map my hotas, I want to be the poor schmuck doing that, so I can see how human design factors and pilot workloads compare between planes smile.gif.

…this. :)

In spite of these little annoyances? quirks? It seems pretty easy to get the muscle memory in. Large SA stuff is upper left corner (radar and HSD); weapon delivery is upper right (sensor pod, SMS, CMBT). With physical MFDs, it's really easy to get the “touch pattern” in after just a few flights. So it feels like you can learn to navigate to the critical pages really quickly over time.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I admire your attitude and usually I try to do the same for immersion (to the extent my physical setup allows), but this is one where I mapped the relevant OSBs to HOTAS :lol:

Cheater ;)

Also…

…this. :)

In spite of these little annoyances? quirks? It seems pretty easy to get the muscle memory in. Large SA stuff is upper left corner (radar and HSD); weapon delivery is upper right (sensor pod, SMS, CMBT). With physical MFDs, it's really easy to get the “touch pattern” in after just a few flights. So it feels like you can learn to navigate to the critical pages really quickly over time.

Yes, I agree.

Its one of those things that IRL makes a huge difference in AC performance is pilot workload.

Compare the F16 to the mig21? Huge difference! F16 vs JF17 lesser difference. Some things are way better on each platform. So learn each one :)