Where to get mainboards of TMWH not from TM

I've emailed TM and their prices are huge. So I would like to get in touch with their supplier directly and have them send me the board at a much reduced rate. Pointers? Throttle main PCB (the top right below the double decker)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

If that is not the board you need (can't beat the price) you might try this guy .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Board number 2?

Cover postage and it's yours.

attachment.php?attachmentid=220565&stc=1&d=1572886780

Actually I dont know its dead just lights up briefly then windows cant recognise it. I tried bootloader method but it cant read at all. I am not sure if its #1 or #2.

If that is not the board you need (can't beat the price) you might try this guy .

I dont know but yes I am familiar with this guy and we talked before. I am just evaluating my options with the minimal costs to get it working again.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Actually I dont know its dead just lights up briefly then windows cant recognise it. I tried bootloader method but it cant read at all. I am not sure if its #1 or #2.

I dont know but yes I am familiar with this guy and we talked before. I am just evaluating my options with the minimal costs to get it working again.

I had this problem 3-4 mo ago, if LED doesn’t stay on it’s board number one. Fairly easy to replace.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I had this problem 3-4 mo ago, if LED doesn’t stay on it’s board number one. Fairly easy to replace.

So your windows can not recognize the device?

Happened to me too!

Was board number one.

I contacted TM and got one shipped to me for less than 60€.

Just FYI...

How much is the board itself excluding shipping have they charged you and when was it that you got it replaced?

Why do you believe that their supplier would do business with you and be willing to sell a single board to you at a much reduced rate?

They dont have to deal with me, but with a LOT of angry customers who dont want to benefit thrustmaster the courtesy of routing a surplus through them for.a no good defective board that demands change every now and then.

If the chinese supplier can deal with singletons that would mean he would sell more boards and I want to get at least two boards since I am in the third world country which happens to be away from the manufacturer and not covered by the inherently flawed thrustmaster warranty which does NOT cover the place of use but the place of purchase, in this case, BHPhotovideo.

Does that answer your question?

The thing you have to understand about wholesale manufacturers is that they don't sell to end users for very good reasons. Pretty much every manufacturer is working with a design created by another company and are under NDA/contractually obligated to not sell it to anyone outside of that contract. They're not going to run the risk of losing contracts worth tens of thousands of dollars just to sell a $10 board to a few random nobodies.

Also, wholesale manufacturers deal with runs in the thousands and tens of thousands that may be spaced out months or even years apart, depending on how quickly their client can go through their stock. Each run means retooling the entire factory line, which they're not going to do for a one-off. This is why low-run products like the campaigns on drop.com are sold in batches, because they need to meet a minimum amount before the manufacturer will even give them the time of day. If you look on most wholesale sites, the minimum order amount is usually 1,000.

There's also the administrative overhead; the amount of time it takes to set everything up to fulfill an order of 1 piece vs. 10,000 pieces is not that much different, meaning that the company would lose money just on overhead trying to make and sell individual pieces.

What you're asking is like saying you want to buy an iPhone mainboard, but don't want to buy it through Apple because it's too expensive, so you're trying to get in touch with Foxconn to see if they'd sell you one at a reduced price. It's a pipe dream.

The thing you have to understand about wholesale manufacturers is that they don't sell to end users for very good reasons. Pretty much every manufacturer is working with a design created by another company and are under NDA/contractually obligated to not sell it to anyone outside of that contract. They're not going to run the risk of losing contracts worth tens of thousands of dollars just to sell a $10 board to a few random nobodies.

Also, wholesale manufacturers deal with runs in the thousands and tens of thousands that may be spaced out months or even years apart, depending on how quickly their client can go through their stock. Each run means retooling the entire factory line, which they're not going to do for a one-off. This is why low-run products like the campaigns on drop.com are sold in batches, because they need to meet a minimum amount before the manufacturer will even give them the time of day. If you look on most wholesale sites, the minimum order amount is usually 1,000.

There's also the administrative overhead; the amount of time it takes to set everything up to fulfill an order of 1 piece vs. 10,000 pieces is not that much different, meaning that the company would lose money just on overhead trying to make and sell individual pieces.

What you're asking is like saying you want to buy an iPhone mainboard, but don't want to buy it through Apple because it's too expensive, so you're trying to get in touch with Foxconn to see if they'd sell you one at a reduced price. It's a pipe dream.

It never hurts to ask. But yes I do understand from a cost/time/admin point of view.

:thumbup:

thanks man. I got in touch. Way cheaper than the TM route. I'll go with him.

:thumbup:

thanks man. I got in touch. Way cheaper than the TM route. I'll go with him.

I only found that guy after I had already ordered my throttle board from TM. Originally, TM was out of stock and I didn't want to wait, so I got a 2nd complete HOTAS to hold me over. A few months later (maybe a year?), I finally got a hold of TM again and got the board. The week the new board arrived, I stumbled onto the ebay offer. It would have saved me time and a whole lot of money ($375 for the extra HOTAS). But now I have redundancy. Two fully functional throttles and two fully functional sticks. The new stick doesn't have much if any stiction either, very smooth. But now I know where to go if another board pops, both faster and cheaper than TM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]