AI blocking runway

Hello,

i had this hundreds of times on our dedicated server and it really ruins everything. the airport is dead after this happens. the IL-76 skids of the runway and just stands there forever blocking all other AI flights. this is kerman airport. all flights are set to parking hot and taxi to the runway in a fine line, no problem there. suddenly, while the IL-76 taxis to end of the runway to turn around and takeoff the first fencer partially enters the runway and the accelerating IL-76 skids of the runway. why does this happen? what's wrong?

kerman.JPG?dl=0

Edit: and why is my dropbox image link not showing?? here is the raw link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxcu9w2g20vpl9m/kerman.JPG?dl=0

• ED Team

Hi

we need to know which runway, please attach a short track replay showing the issue or a mission so we can see. thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

alright. thx!

Will try to get a track file from the server.

What i noticed is, the takeoff problem only happens when all involved aircraft at the airport spawn at the same time. if there is little delay between the spawns all is good.

btw. it's Kerman Airport on PG Map, RW 16. although i've seen this on other airports too.

By the way, I'd suggest using the attachments function of this forum. For small files it's much easier and faster than messing with dropbox or any 3rd party hosts. It's available when making a "full" reply instead of quick one, or at least switching from quick to full one with "Go Advanced" button.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It will be in the default location, Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks\

Issues can occur with individual runways and plane types and even wind direction. You mentioned spawning, It's almost mandatory with more complex scenarios to have a clean up script because as you see, one issue and the entire thing comes to a halt. Same with a single bomb, slight damage etc.

I'd help directly if you are using MOOSE to spawn, with a cleanup script, but because there are lots of open questions still about how you do it, feel free to wander into the MOOSE Discord and ask the same questions.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

It will be in the default location, Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks\

Issues can occur with individual runways and plane types and even wind direction. You mentioned spawning, It's almost mandatory with more complex scenarios to have a clean up script because as you see, one issue and the entire thing comes to a halt. Same with a single bomb, slight damage etc.

I'd help directly if you are using MOOSE to spawn, with a cleanup script, but because there are lots of open questions still about how you do it, feel free to wander into the MOOSE Discord and ask the same questions.

hey pikey,

found it, thx. unfortunatly the server option disable_write_track=true was set. i changed that now and will retry later.

in my moose spawn commands i always add InitCleanup(600) for a despawn after 10min idle and on some airports i use Cleanup_Airbase for debris.

my problem is more related to the taxi/takeoff logic of the AI, i guess. some runways have this little sidebay (don't know the right word for this) at the end, for planes to reverse after taxing down the runway. it may be the AI thinks a plane just left the runway when it uses this bay to reverse for lineup, and waiting planes at the holding spot start to enter the runway leading to this conflict. not sure if i explained this correctly.

...some runways have this little sidebay (don't know the right word for this) at the end, for planes to reverse after taxing down the runway. it may be the AI thinks a plane just left the runway...

That is exacrly what is happening. If you want the AI to take off with you, you taxi to those areas and wait. The AI then sees the runway as clear and follows you out. It works the same way with the paved area at the ends beyond the runway end markings.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

a short mission example for this airport would be fine, just need to see an example.

If it is script related that maybe a different issue.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2