VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

The Hornet and Harrier have the same setup but depending on one’s controllers different PTTs might be warranted. (Two radios each)

The F-14 has two radios, an ICS (which I for one prefer instead of hot mic), and a fourth switch that activates both radios.

Huey and F-5 have a single PTT.

The A-10C has three.

Being FC3 level, the A-10A and F-15C have just one, but in reality (and I try to keep my HOTAS as close as I can) the A-10A has three and the F-15C two.

Those are all the aircraft I have and can speak for. The A-10A and C are the only two that I map PTT the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Thanks rogue. When using the NORM push-to-talk mode these switches are indeed mapped as you say. Question was more on the slot allocations i.e. for the Hornet COMM1 is on TX1 but you may want to have it e.g. on TX4 instead in some cases for example because you have mapped that one to the UP switch on your controller. There's a lot you could do with the Exposed Variables but let me have a think on potential other options and get back on this one.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I appreciate that.. would make my setup a lot simpler!

I really just appreciate your responsiveness. I do agree that a sub-forum is probably warranted, but I worry about your ability to respond if you have to monitor multiple threads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Thanks rogue. When using the NORM push-to-talk mode these switches are indeed mapped as you say. Question was more on the slot allocations i.e. for the Hornet COMM1 is on TX1 but you may want to have it e.g. on TX4 instead in some cases for example because you have mapped that one to the UP switch on your controller. There's a lot you could do with the Exposed Variables but let me have a think on potential other options and get back on this one.

Thanks for the quick response. It's not the end of the world, but I've been flying it like this since release and the muscle memory is strong lol.

The full mapping for the Hornet should be:

COMM1 -> Up (currently TX1 - Forward, should be TX4)

COMM2 -> Down (correct as TX2)

MIDSA -> Forward (should be TX1)

MIDSB -> Back (should be TX3)

Note that the MIDS radios aren't currently implemented, not sure how long until they actually are.

edit: I realise I should be able to work around this by remapping the buttons to the various TX keybinds, but no matter what I do I cannot get VA to recognise button presses from my Warthog throttle in the key binding screen.

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

@KewlerMouh Thanks for the generous comment. The Map @Ares63 Not sure I follow. You may want to inspect your keybinds in dcs options, manual page 10.

Checked keybind in Voice Attack and in DCS and it looks ok... but the COMM menù is displayed without any key or joy press.

when is shown i press F12 do cancel it and without any button or key press it is shown again after some seconds as it was waiting for a Function key press

If there are more then one Tanker with the same name but different number i.e. Texaco1 and Texaco2 or the Tanker that i need (e.g. Texaco2) is not the closest to me i'm not able to contact it but the command is sent to the other Tanker - i guess because it doesn't answer Texaco2 to the voice command but it answer only to the keyboard command but if in don't change frequency to Texaco1, Texaco1 it answer to my voice call-

@Hollywood_315 what about this?

Checked keybind in Voice Attack and in DCS and it looks ok... but the COMM menù is displayed without any key or joy press.

when is shown i press F12 do cancel it and without any button or key press it is shown again after some seconds as it was waiting for a Function key press

This happens sometimes. Just fly around and use VA for a bit, then exit DCS and restart both VA and DCS. If it still persists, close VA and run a Repair of DCS and try again.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Setting the custom path in VIACOM to point at your DCS install also works to avoid the menu flicking back on (at least if you have the menus turned off) - needs to be redone after updates.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

AIRIO WIP update

As a WIP update: dev work on AIRIO 2.5.3 is done and it will now go through testing.

This update includes the following Jester stuff:

- Added commands for Radar Mode selection,

- Added commands for Radar Stabilize,

- Update for changed Ripple quantities,

- Update for changed for relative turns (Iceman),

- Translation fix for manual radio tune,

- Added commands for F10 map markers,

- Added command for LANTIRN,

- Misc tweaks and finetuning.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Was wondering Hollywood; I read you're already working on/aware of the upcoming Nimitz carrier module.

Will that be a seperate DLC like AIRIO, or will it be incorporated in the existing Vaicom Pro library?

Fair question: it's yet to be determined.

We've only put some preliminary groundwork in place for the carrier comms.

However in the end this comms upgrade will also involve ground ATC and potentially other areas,

and at this stage the scope is not yet entirely clear. So we'll make that assessment as we go along.

In any case it's great that ED is putting their attention to communications as

an important part of a realistic sim experience. Definitely stuff to look forward to :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Before I buy the plugin I wanted to try the free version. I am having trouble setting it up though. Everything is installed as described. The plugin is active in VA and HOTAS mic switch activates it. However, I see exactly what is shown in the troubleshooting video - it says Easycomms ON depsite having set it to OFF in both DCS Stable and OB version. It does not recognize the A-10C when loading into an instant action. I can see that the VAICOM plugin is available in both DCS versions. The Other settings menu shows a VAICOM tab and provides version information. I also tried to delete the export.lua (thereby killing SRS and TacView plugins). Restarting VA recreated the export.lua file. The content of the file looked good as well. Still no success.

I have most current versions of Stable and OB. I tried both versions. I also have lastest VA and downloaded VAICOM a couple hours ago.

Also the radio activate/deactivate sound is not played on my VR headset but on my primary audio output device instead.

Fair question: it's yet to be determined.

We've only put some preliminary groundwork in place for the carrier comms.

However in the end this comms upgrade will also involve ground ATC and potentially other areas,

and at this stage the scope is not yet entirely clear. So we'll make that assessment as we go along.

In any case it's great that ED is putting their attention to communications as

an important part of a realistic sim experience. Definitely stuff to look forward to :thumbup:

Oki, much appreciated. In any case I will be getting it. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

LAlt+LCrtl+C does not open Vaicom Pro setup, any help please?

I had that problem shortly after installing VoiceAttack & Viacompro. I fixed it by cycling the “Keyboard Shortcuts” button (on the VoiceAttack main screen) even though it appears that they are already enabled. Once I did that Lalt+Lctrl+C started working for me... worth a try

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

I have a problem, where the commands are recognized by VA and Vaicom PRO, but not executed in DCS. Neither do I get a confirmation beep. Happened after I updated VA. Vaicom correctly recognizes the mission and I do get a Crystal Palace briefing, but any commands from my side never get through to DCS.

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

I'm having problems recently with the training tab not working in the latest versions of Vaicom PRO.

I do as always but the step when you click the windows speech recognition icon does not work as expected, saying the command i've selected (e.g: inbound) triggers the multiword selection or writes the word i say within the command field (e.g. inbound inbound).

Some months before this was working great and everytime i repeated a command i could see the confidence level increasing within voice attack profile, now this does not happens with any command, so basically i can't train the profile at all.

Anyone having problems with this?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I have a problem, where the commands are recognized by VA and Vaicom PRO, but not executed in DCS. Neither do I get a confirmation beep. Happened after I updated VA. Vaicom correctly recognizes the mission and I do get a Crystal Palace briefing, but any commands from my side never get through to DCS.

oh and by the way the only audio feedback I get is the bloop indicating no recipient. This is with easy comms on or off and with correct frequency and tx selected..... quite frustrating. Tried resetting the lua code no dice.

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

I had that problem shortly after installing VoiceAttack & Viacompro. I fixed it by cycling the “Keyboard Shortcuts” button (on the VoiceAttack main screen) even though it appears that they are already enabled. Once I did that Lalt+Lctrl+C started working for me... worth a try

You were absolutely right, thanks!

VMU A10c not working with vaicom

Hello,

VMU in A10c is not working when using Voice attack with Vaicompro plugin.

I can see the subtitels, but hear no Sound..

If I start DCS without Voice Attack, Bitching Betty is loud and clear.

Does anybody have the same problem ?

Thanks already

Problem is solved with Latest Update.

Thanks Hollywood !!

Edited by P3CFE
Problem solved

Hi

I’m getting the same situation after latest Open beta update.

Flying F-14 in multiplayer in the Persian Gulf.

My request is recognised by Voice attack/Viacom (Including recognition beep), but DCS does nothing and Jester does not respond to the request. Also the AIRIO ‘Open Mic’ feature no longer works.

Something in the latest OB has broken Viacom for me?

I have disabled AIRIO and been using ‘Manual” Jester. This is not my preferred option

All,

For info: latest versions plugin 2.5.11 and AIRIO extension 2.5.3 are available on the website

http://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

If you want, you can download these for manual dll replacement (update your plugin first before updating AIRIO).

These updated versions work with current DCS openbeta. The plugin auto-updater will be switched on

once ED has propagated the latest ob changes into their release version i.e. later this week.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com