Mig 21 does not crash into ground in Georgia theater.

DmitriKozlowsky

• ED Team

Hi

please remove any unofficial modifications or mods ( if any )

then run a cleanup and repair.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is a a fresh installation on a new machine.No unofficial stuff. Even tried installing with Mig_21 as being only module installed.

The dcsLog.txt from your post of the 22nd, shows several mods installed in your "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" folder or is that from another PC ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

If you do still have mods in

Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods

remove them and run a cleanup and repair, then test without the mods

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

How is it possible for a .trk file to have different results on different systems? What is being recorded? It is not, then, an accurate record of events.

I can g into my Mig-21. in Instant action go into free flight in Georgia. Point nose straight into ground, go into after burner. The air craft will go through terrain, into the water, go deep , s;low down. After a while DCS will crash, or quitting the mission while deep under water, also crashes DCS. It is weird.

How is it possible for a .trk file to have different results on different systems? What is being recorded? It is not, then, an accurate record of events.

It never was. The track system is designed to record only all controller inputs, yours and AI's. When track is played what really happens is the sim runs the same mission again and uses recorded inputs to steer your aircraft, with better or worse results.

In either case, did you copy the old Saved Games folder from previous computer to the new one? If there was something borked somewhere in it, the problem will reappear on new config as well, fresh install or not has nothing to do with it.

Rename/remove the Saved Games/DCS folder temporarily, let the game rebuild a new one, run the track or fly the plane again. If all's fine in that case, you'll narrow down where the problem is.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

AFAIK, a track file is a recording of your actions i.e. flaps down, throttle up, wheel brakes OFF, pull stick back (to rotate), etc. - if the flight model hasn't change between versions, the aircraft will takeoff at the same time, etc. but if a patch changes the drag, etc. the replay will play back differently.

I your case something appears to have broken your 2.5.5.35461 collision detection and you are flying through objects/falling through the scenery, while for me - landing on a runway works and flying though buildings results in a collision/explosion.

The starting point to diagnosing the problem, is to remove any unofficial mods.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080