• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what Operational Flight Program (OFP) ED models

for example Ground Speed (G/S) could be found on the DED, by pressing;

list, 0 and 6=GPS

list and 6= INS

5 (Time over sterpoint or TOS) will show require G/S

Lastly you can select it in the HUD , look at the HUD control panel, bottom row first switch

Edit

Keep in mind that when the landing gear handle is down, CAS will be displayed on the HUD regardless of airspeed or the position

of the velocity switch. In DGFT, CAS is auto selected.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Taxi and take off video also has come. I guess release is pretty close

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Taxi and take off video also has come. I guess release is pretty close

Yeah, was happy to see that this morning! I think they've got a lot of work still to do in the background but the visuals look great. I'm guessing still a lot of work to do with the sound hence why the videos only have Wags voiceover.

Enjoying the hype and great following the progress.

Looking forward to putting the Viper to use (in between smashing it into the tarmac and/or mountains as I learn how to fly it).

During the taxi/takeoff video Wags mentioned that you only need to put out the throttle of the detend to start taxi...

As far as I know, IRL the F-16 starts to taxi already on idle and needs to break permanent to become not too fast.

So it seems that this is not correct / still a limitation of DCS?

Too bad...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

During the taxi/takeoff video Wags mentioned that you only need to put out the throttle of the detend to start taxi...

As far as I know, IRL the F-16 starts to taxi already on idle and needs to break permanent to become not too fast.

Too bad...

That largely depends on aircraft weight/loadout, position (IE: slope or gradient in the apron/taxiway), and engine model. Lot of factors come into play for it to simply roll by itself at idle, but most do not under normal loads from my experience.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

I noticed that in the latest Viper video from Wags that he started opposite four Eagles. Clickable Eagle in our futures?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

I noticed that in the latest Viper video from Wags that he started opposite four Eagles. Clickable Eagle in our futures?

I'd say this: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/f-15c_dcs_world/

What makes you think those 4 Eagles in the video should be clickable? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Too bad...

So, as the old book says, the idle was able to speed up the A/C to about 90km/h (light weight loadout), at the begin of production, which was too fast. Later, the idle-revs were reduced as the slower taxiing was a goal...

They might make the September 25th release date...optimism on fire!!

:thumbup:

Well, autumn begins on September 21st... :)

Why do you all do this? There's a lot of gullible people in this community.:doh:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team

Too bad...

That is not true, at least for the version we are modeling, based on several sources.

Thanks

• ED Team

I simply used an existing Red Flag mission as the basis for the video, nothing to read into it.

Thanks

The movement of the A/C during taxi and during braking must be more float .... up-down movement, it needs a lot of work to make this...

If your talking about how the aircraft sometime bounces, is more due to the angle of the Nose Landing Gear (NLG) strut. The strut is angle a bit forward ( meaning the tire is slightly ahead of the strut top) so it tends to jam on it self. So as the aircraft taxied, when weight changes, etc. the strut tends to jam and release randomly creating that bounce. When you refuel the aircraft or when down jacking after maintenance it is normal to kick the nose tire to get the NLG strut to unbind.

Same way how the Main Landing Gear (MLG) tire get jam when you down jack the aircraft and need skid plates. On landing, since the MLG tires are rotating it allows the MLG to compress, but down jack the MLG tire can and will get jam unless skid plates (or several layers of trash bags) are used.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

This is a block 50 after an airshow, no weapons and low on fuel after a full demo flight ( note how much the NLG strut is extended) and you can see and hear the pilot advancing the throttle at 1:06, 1:37 and 1:52

7_sqxVfpYGE?start=65

If the aircraft accelerated on idle, why would the pilot advance the throttle?

To whom it may concern,