I did not fully appreciate

Svsmokey

--Just how much work ED put into their map graphics until I started flying helos . Flying low and slow , I am continually astounded by the level of graphics detail . While i am often very low in the Hornet , 300 or 350 knots makes it impossible to see , for example , how realistic the trains look . And the trees . Did you know they have bark ? Very well done , ED !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yeah, I have been playing more DCS again recently and I am really impressed with how good the Caucus map is looking these days (And Persian Gulf too).

I simply just used to accept how terrain looked in Lockon, FC1 etc (that's just how it was for flight simmers), but now I am regularly doing double takes to stop and appreciated just how awesome the terrain/environment/models look. Especially in Helos and ground pounding.

Combined arms is also very fun on the Gulf map. Again, the buildings and ambient objects (parked cars etc) really add to the immersion. In my opinion, the terrain we now have is as good as CS1.6 looked or Desert combat/Bf1942 (probably better in some areas, lighting etc) which for a flight sim is pretty amazing.

On top of this I am also very impressed with my FPS performance, a real pleasure to fly these days!

Thanks ED and partners! :pilotfly: :thumbup:

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Welcome to the amazing world of low and slow Svsmokey!

I begin to see why you are such a proponent of helos-thanks !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yup helos in dcs are great, which is why we need MOAR1!!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).