Sale dates - what's the deal (or not...)?

Oh, that’s too bad! I was going to buy the MiG-19 but was under the impression that I had until the 19th to get the sale price.

That’s weird that the sale ended early. I guess I will wait and see if I still want it at Christmas time.

I'm not in your shoes ofcourse but I was desperate to have a specific fighter in my hangar, I would pay those $49,99 instead of torchering myself waiting for the next sale..

Based on a 25% discount you would save a whopping $12,50.

But again, I'm not in your shoes and these are only my thoughts..

I'm not in your shoes ofcourse but I was desperate to have a specific fighter in my hangar, I would pay those $49,99 instead of torchering myself waiting for the next sale..

Based on a 25% discount you would save a whopping $12,50.

But again, I'm not in your shoes and these are only my thoughts..

The MiG-19 was half off, so your math is wrong.

And you are presuming it is about affordability when it is not. I’m struggling for a polite way to put it that doesn’t sound like I am bragging, but I will just say that money is not the issue here.

It is an issue of customer expectations. I went to go buy it and the price had doubled unexpectedly. So they didn’t honor what they said they would do with their sale and in return now I will not buy the product.

I am having a blast relearning the MiG-21 though. DCS is an amazing game, but they really should honor the sale dates they publish.

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 8:01 PM, mike pavitt said:

On the weekly news forum the summer sale is supposed to be running until the 19th July. On the main news it is listed as running until midnight on the 13th. It's currently 7pm on the 13th, so clearly not midnight yet in the UK, yet all modules are full price.

I am aware leaving it until the last minute is not always the best way to go, but circumstances change. Guess the F16 will now be my Xmas present to myself...

Just for the future reference, 7PM on the 13th, is in fact 19 hours past midnight of the 13th. The day starts at 00:00, does not end there.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta