Wishlist: fix the default pilot position like the DCS F-16 Viper - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #21
Outlaw24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo** View Post
First thing I do after hopping in the cockpit is adjust the seating position fore/aft and up/down.
Yes, I've tried adjusting the seat, but that seem to obscure the HUD. This is the only aircraft I have this problem with.
MSI 390 Carbon Pro, i7 9700K @ 4.9, Noctua NH-U14S, 32GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Pro, MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind Pedals, UTC MK II Pro, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens.
Outlaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #22
MRSHADO

Yep, there was always something a little off about the A-10C's tub. I feel child size in the thing in VR. (begging' not to have an IPD discussion)

Maybe its right, Maybe its not - but I too would appreciate if someone that's on the A-10C refurb team take another look at dimensions & default pilot placement.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:40 PM   #23
Habu23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecash867 View Post
Habu, I'll try this on mine and see what it looks like. Right now my HUD is definitely usable, but I can't remember if I have seat height adjusted correctly. Not quite sure I understand what you meant by the nuts on the right side bisecting each other. Are you talking about getting the nut on the top right side of the HUD aligned with the top two screws on the whiskey compass? I think that's what I see in your pic, but just want to be sure.

Yeah, to be clear you should adjust the seat and view until you just barely see the top of the uppermost HUD frame. From this view, the two nuts on this frame forward and aft should line up with each other so they are essentially stacked on top of each other.

Habu
Old 10-05-2019, 02:40 PM   #24
delevero

Tip regarding seat possition in VR.

Hold down Right Shift and Right ctrl and use the 1-9 numeric keyboard to move your possition..
This work quite good, BUT if you recenter the view during flight you end up
back in the old possition.
( it would be nice if the above adjustment became the new default vr view and the game remember your last known possition or at least do so during an entire flight so you can reset the vr view back to the one you manualy selected ).
delevero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #25
lobo**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu23 View Post
This is an important discussion and I've noticed for a while that the A-10 could receive a bit of help in this area. Seat height is very important for A-10 pilots because...
The best way to set this reference is to make it so the two nuts on the right side of the HUD effectively bisect each other. The nuts are seen here:

In game I have noticed that no matter how much I adjust the seat or camera to reflect a real life seating position, the HUD is essentially unusable. If anyone is able to get a seating position that is what i'm referencing while also adjusting the FOV so that the HUD is usable?

Habu
Just tried your method of lining up the two reference points on the right top of the HUD frame. (using VR) I adjust my vertical height, so that the top of the two nuts appear level. I find the top approx. 1/3 of the HUD is out of view. In order to get full HUD in view I have to lean head forward and down.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #26
eaglecash867

Quote:
Yeah, to be clear you should adjust the seat and view until you just barely see the top of the uppermost HUD frame. From this view, the two nuts on this frame forward and aft should line up with each other so they are essentially stacked on top of each other.

Habu
Got it. I'll give it a try.
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #27
eaglecash867

Quote:
Originally Posted by delevero View Post
Tip regarding seat possition in VR.

Hold down Right Shift and Right ctrl and use the 1-9 numeric keyboard to move your possition..
This work quite good, BUT if you recenter the view during flight you end up
back in the old possition.
( it would be nice if the above adjustment became the new default vr view and the game remember your last known possition or at least do so during an entire flight so you can reset the vr view back to the one you manualy selected ).
You can save the position once you find it. Then it will return to the one you manually selected when you recenter. You just have to physically be in the same position you were in when you start the sim. Have a look at this old post of mine. The key combo to save the position is at the bottom. You can do this same procedure with all the aircraft modules you own, and they will all start up with you sitting in the position you saved.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...9&postcount=19
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #28
AMVI_Groove

Quote:
The best way to set this reference is to make it so the two nuts on the right side of the HUD effectively bisect each other.
Habu

+1
AMVI_Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #29
eaglecash867

Quote:

Habu
Tried it last night, and saw the same thing Lobo did. The top 1/3 of the HUD is no longer visible after doing that. With my view position set where I usually have it, I can see the whole HUD without leaning forward or hunching down.

In the real thing, what does that longer screw on the left side of the HUD do? It almost seems like that might be an adjustment screw to change the angle of the glass panels in the HUD to adjust for pilot/seat height.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:49 AM   #30
Lao Fei Mao

The HUD of A-10C is narrower if compared with the one of F/A-18C or F-16, so the pilot view piont had to be closer to the HUD, so as to see all the symbols on it. The F-15C and A-10A has the same problem. Wish the new A-10C's cockpit update could fix this.
Lao Fei Mao is offline   Reply With Quote