Could this be a trainer for props?

Rhinozherous

I watched the first vids on youtube and wondered if this module could act as a trainer for the other props like the spit and the 109 and so on?

I ask because I have the 109 and the mustang, but I dont flew it very much because of the steep learning curve and frustration crashing over and over again when taking off and landing.

So, is the I–16 a bit easyier to fly?

Thank you for opinions!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I watched the first vids on youtube and wondered if this module could act as a trainer for the other props like the spit and the 109 and so on?

I ask because I have the 109 and the mustang, but I dont flew it very much because of the steep learning curve and frustration crashing over and over again when taking off and landing.

I have all warbirds except this new I-16 and find the Mustang the easiest to learn ... these videos helped me a lot when learning it:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes YAK or even the CE 2 very easy to fly.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I can't comment on the I-16 (yet!), but I note that there are some suggestions to use the Yak 52 as a trainer. The problem is that the Yak has a tricycle-gear configuration. Often the issue for newcomers wanting to learn the WWII aircraft is not just the "prop" but also the "tail-dragger" aspect. Yes, the Yak-52 is no doubt superb, but it may not necessarily help learning the like the 109 or Spit, as the original post asked.

PS: I have the FW190, P-51D and Bf-109... for me, the 190 was easiest to learn (although still difficult and frustrating until I got my head around what is going on with it).

Maybe I will hop into the Yak 52 then. I dont have a problem with the tricycle config, its mainly the tourque on takeoff.

EDIT: It seems I dont do the Yak... I hopped over to the yak forum and it seems this module is abandoned. I dont put money in such nonstarters.

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

EDIT: It seems I dont do the Yak... I hopped over to the yak forum and it seems this module is abandoned. I dont put money in such nonstarters.
Well, Yak y abandoned, Normandy map is abandoned, F-5 is abandoned… people says everything is abandoned every time they don't see updates in a week. Sometimes even there's updates, just they don't read the newsletter :lol: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

"its earlier so it must be easier"

lmao imagine being this conditioned by videogame logic

No one said that other than you.

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I can't comment on the I-16 (yet!), but I note that there are some suggestions to use the Yak 52 as a trainer. The problem is that the Yak has a tricycle-gear configuration. Often the issue for newcomers wanting to learn the WWII aircraft is not just the "prop" but also the "tail-dragger" aspect. Yes, the Yak-52 is no doubt superb, but it may not necessarily help learning the like the 109 or Spit, as the original post asked.

PS: I have the FW190, P-51D and Bf-109... for me, the 190 was easiest to learn (although still difficult and frustrating until I got my head around what is going on with it).

+1

I see it as a good trainer for any of the remaining taildraggers, with exception of P-51. More than about Props is about Tricycles or Taildraggers.

P-51 could be also, however, it is "too forgiving" for taking off or landing IMO, in comparison to the rest of taildraggers.

I-16 offers a good challenge with a nice torque and seems perfect to start and have a "smooth" transition to 109 or Spitfire.

Is good to start with something quite difficult, after the "complex birds" won't be so difficult to tackle.

Starting with the Yak-52 as a trainer for previous taildraggers is obviously not a good idea as this one is not. Will be only good if you are new to airplane simulation. Then sure, Yak-52 is your best choice.

Hope that this makes any sense :]

Edited by Grajo

seems this module is abandoned

Nope, just the last in the queue ATM I think. ED's a smallish company doing all kinds of stuff other than DCS, so priorities must etcetera.

Just wait is my advice.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

@OP: No, it couldn't bloody well be a trainer for other DCS props, on account of it being so bloody twitchy and hard to fly. Thanks for listening a dead (virtual) pilot :D

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yup, definitely something one would learn a lot with, but not the first option if anything else has been flown before IMHO.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

@OP: No, it couldn't bloody well be a trainer for other DCS props, on account of it being so bloody twitchy and hard to fly. Thanks for listening a dead (virtual) pilot :D

Your words are heard :) so the death was not useless

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

"so bloody twitchy and hard to fly" ???

I admit being a "fanboy" of most Soviet machines :], but... I-26 IS NOT hard to fly. It is very nimble and does barrel rolls like no other. Takeoffs and landings are not "easy" thou... Again, like the Spitfire, and many others, requires some severe sensibility tweaks in the axis (specially rudder) until the plane feels like it does what you want. Of course, always depending on your setup.