Easy hover?!?

MrTInc71

picture.php?albumid=1701&pictureid=10820

Image from Chuck's Guide

1. Turn your Artificial Horizon Source Selector to "DOP"

This will give you a set of needles on your Main Artificial Horizon.

2. Center needles by chasing them.

3. Ensure your Vertical Velocity is as close to Zero as possible.

4. Depress your Auto-Hover Toggle.

It's as simple as that. After time and practice you won't have to rely on the gauges so much (or at all); you'll be able to do it visually looking out the cockpit.

Edited by Baaz

If you don't know what to expect, then getting into auto-hover can be very difficult and frustrating. Here are some suggestions on what helped me learn it...

First, a video tutorial about firing the HOT3 missiles, which covers the topic of the auto-hover.

Then, another suggestion is to tune your axis curves a bit. If your controls are too sensitive, you will also struggle as you keep "over correcting". Here's a video that discusses that issue...

Finally, I would recommend very gently lifting off and trying to go into the auto-hover almost immediately. Just to get some experience of what it should be like. If you do so just on take off, you can't really be going too fast or be tipped over too hard, which should make it easier. Once you get the hang of that, try flying a bit further and gain experience trying to get it under control. You can also try putting it into auto-hover as part of your landing routine (that's also good practice!).

There is an indicator on the dash from memory also the torque indicator goes up about ~7% when autohover engages and drops back when disengaged easy visual cue. :thumbup:

<edit>

My bad the indicator is in the controls indicator with autohover engaged it shows white, just tried it, wow there is some drift in authover mode. But the torque indicater is a lot easier to glance at.

Edited by FragBum

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Old video but it may help.

There is another I will post as soon as I find it.

Linky to post,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=165978&highlight=video

Linky to video,

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."