First Outing in the MiG-15bis! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
shadepiece

Default First Outing in the MiG-15bis!

Hey guys!

Here is a new First Outing video in the MiG-15bis. First Outing is a series that I am trying to develop that will be about early experiences in aircraft that I am new to. First Outing could mean first engagement even in single player like it is in this case, or it could mean first time taking a ride in a multiplayer server, but the common theme is that it's when I am still relatively new to the aircraft. If you like the video drop a like and subscribe for more DCS and flight sim content.

Hope you guys enjoy!

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2
shadepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #2
9./JG26_Brigg

Glad you liked her Shadepiece. I love her and imo its one of the best simulated modules in DCS and it baffles me why this and the Sabre arent more popular.
9./JG26_Brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #3
r24

I just got it too, its nice but for me its a bit more difficult to handle than the Sabre.
r24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
9./JG26_Brigg

It is a bit trickier, but once you master it and fly her to her strengths it is lovely
Old 02-15-2019, 10:49 PM   #5
javelina1
Veteran

Enjoy, she's a great bird!

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 32 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:47 AM   #6
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadepiece View Post
Hey guys!

Here is a new First Outing video in the MiG-15bis. First Outing is a series that I am trying to develop that will be about early experiences in aircraft that I am new to. First Outing could mean first engagement even in single player like it is in this case, or it could mean first time taking a ride in a multiplayer server, but the common theme is that it's when I am still relatively new to the aircraft. If you like the video drop a like and subscribe for more DCS and flight sim content.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Really good, especially for first time since you scored multiple sabre kills.

although i think you may have had easier time kill them if you uncaged the gyro sight

really helps in maneuvering shots, although its no lead computing gunsight

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

Last edited by Kev2go; 02-16-2019 at 03:50 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:04 AM   #7
shadepiece

Not a chance!! The gyros always throw me off!! I'm not sure why, but I've just never felt comfortable behind one. I need to have a fixed reference to fly off of when in that situation or else I just second guess myself too much. Too many years behind a prop and static sight for me to adjust!

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2
shadepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:34 AM   #8
streakeagle

On paper, the F-86 and MiG-15 have very similar performance. But as modeled in DCS World, they fly very differently. I love dissimilar aircraft. It is fun to fly the same exact mission from both sides' cockpits. The MiG-15bis should be the superior aircraft, particularly due to its thrust-to-weight, but the ease with which the Sabre responds to control inputs makes it a lot easier to point at the enemy in a dogfight. I can win with either one, but I have an easier time flying the Sabre.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
Sarpalaxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9./JG26_Brigg View Post
Glad you liked her Shadepiece. I love her and imo its one of the best simulated modules in DCS and it baffles me why this and the Sabre arent more popular.
Propably because it's to Old and has the the systems of a late ww2 for the Modern Jet Pilotes and WW2 Warbird Pilotes don't really like to touch Jet's.

But as a Person that has only flown ww2 piston Simulators This was a perfect introduction and i will be happy to try out the Mig-19 to get even a step further in to those Hitech planes.

But even the Mig-15 is just such a joy to fly. Its like petting a Cat's belly. You better be ready for the inevatable bite.
Sarpalaxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #10
9./JG26_Brigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpalaxan View Post
Propably because it's to Old and has the the systems of a late ww2 for the Modern Jet Pilotes and WW2 Warbird Pilotes don't really like to touch Jet's.

But as a Person that has only flown ww2 piston Simulators This was a perfect introduction and i will be happy to try out the Mig-19 to get even a step further in to those Hitech planes.

But even the Mig-15 is just such a joy to fly. Its like petting a Cat's belly. You better be ready for the inevatable bite.
Yeah true, and I am kinda the same as the Tomcat is as modern as I will probably go as I prefer the cold war stuff. But like you say they are very good trainer aircraft to learn other things.