Any news on the SCUD-B progress?

mwd2

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for it! Has been in development SO long already!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 months later...

P

they could at least release a static model until the missile profile is ready. but just deleting mods and not delivering something instead is a shame

Exactly. They have been in countless videos and advertisements flaunting them. Just wish they would be released with just the vehicle /TEL in Open Beta, Then add the missiles as a functional addition at a later date like all the other ea modules as a process of updating further down the road in the sim.

Edited by Shrike88

The last comment on Wags YT I saw was that it will be completed and released after the new carrier module.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yeah. Imo theyd be great targets for the time being. We need more targets!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah. Imo theyd be great targets for the time being. We need more targets!
More 1st person controllable targets, to evade weapons, yes! :D

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

More 1st person controllable targets, to evade weapons, yes! :D

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

I just wish the AI gunners were a bit crappier.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 months later...
I guess it takes a year to make a ballistic missile profile

Seems like...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think they just hit a development roadblock and can't figure out a sub orbital ballistics model, or reached a limitation of the game physics and engine. The result of which is just not to say anything, and just sweep it under the rug. Probably only one guy '' team''' working on this, and now doing something else.

I feel ED has at times worse ADHD then I do, and can't work on a project till completion.

I recall reading somewhere Mr. Wags saying they will work on the ballistic missiles FM after the F16 release

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Concur!

I recall reading somewhere Mr. Wags saying they will work on the ballistic missiles FM after the F16 release

Specifically he said in YT comment that ballistic missile flight model will be looked at once the Viper flight model is done.

I remember he also mentioned once that SCUD will be released after the Supercarrier so I guess, we will wait a bit more.

I don't think it's been abandoned. There are priorities and resources ...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It appears they are going in too many directions at the same time, starting work on several different things and then putting some in the back burner for a while before coming back to them. Of course I'm happy to see them work on so many different projects and I know management is not easy but I believe it would benefit them if they had a more seamless work plan. That's just my opinion though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This appearance would be, as I think about it, due to the multiple resources working on things. There is the distinction between visual art and coding for these 3D objects, so when ED is sharing screenshots with us, 3D objects appear to be complete (or close depending on the complexity), however, coding required for functional aspects of such objects is dependant on programmer availability, workflow and throughput.

So, what we see is the actual pipeline of new or redesigned objects that are then queued for programming, often with overlapping portions of the functionality code-wise. For example, once the ballistic missile flight model is ready, we should be pretty much getting SCUD that was already teased, but that also opes door to other units that use ballistic missiles.

One thing I don't understand, but I am convinced there is a reason at the same time, is why we are not seeing these new trucks, showcased several weeks ago, already in the game.

Edited by Gierasimov

• 1 month later...

Priorities shift as needed.

i read somewhere on the russian forum that the SCUD now has the lowest priority.

i guess the same goes for the SA-5.

but hey, we have another early access fighter! YAY

That's correct I saw that was mentioned by Chizh.

It's not lowest though. To introduce SCUD, they need to create ballistic missile flight model, and works will resume once person / team is available again after delivering necessary code for fast movers weapons.

Thats an odd choice. I mean really, those things are meant more to be used as targets than actually shooting the missiles, (yes its cool), but just put the model in the game and you can make scud hunt scenarios, no one is going to care too much if the actual "launch" and ballistics model gets added later..

Thats an odd choice. I mean really, those things are meant more to be used as targets than actually shooting the missiles, (yes its cool), but just put the model in the game and you can make scud hunt scenarios, no one is going to care too much if the actual "launch" and ballistics model gets added later..

^^^ THIS ^^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 1 month later...
I literally cant believe there isnt a Scud launcher in this game.

Stick around long enough and you'll start to believe lots of things. :music_whistling: