VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 05:12 AM   #11
eric963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
@eric can you update the page using the refresh button with the circular arrow. The (default) designation should change to A-10C and the correct easy comms mode should be shown. If it doesn't please catch me on PM and we'll have a look.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Button does not function. In fact when selecting any of the preferences like disable menus and player voice it has no effect.

Same issue with other planes.

I can see the commands being recognized and here the beep but nothing happens. This is with a fresh install of VA/VAICOM Pro. It has me stumped.

Sorry, just saw the PM part.

Last edited by eric963; 12-20-2017 at 05:15 AM.
eric963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:15 AM   #12
Hollywood_315

Ok lets check some details I'll send you a PM. Cheers

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:22 AM   #13
Spetz

I'm getting the same thing with the Pro paid version.

On PTT radio mapping page, the refresh arrow doesn't do anything, and every aircraft says:
active DCS module: (default)

As well, loading up the initial test mission as directed, I get zero responses and only once or twice have I received a cofirmation beep after the initial short burst of static, but no freq's have changed on the A10C VHF AM radio stating, for example "Anapa...Select" while on the runway at Suhkumi.

Lastly, I did further voice training and Anapa was recognized and saved, but editing as per instructions, there is zero text to CTRL A, DEL and then CTRL V over.. strange...

Any ideas?

I use HCS Voice packs for ED with no issues so have a good understanding on VA and native English speaker...

i7 7700k, MSI z270 M3 mobo, 16 Gb Ripjaw DDR4 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti, Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler, Corsair NVMe SSD for OS, 1tb Mushkin SSD for games, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, 5.1 surround, Oculus Rift

Last edited by Spetz; 12-21-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Spetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:28 AM   #14
Hollywood_315

Hi Spetz

If the refresh button does not update the PTT page this means that there is some connection issue so the commands will have no effect like you're experiencing. I'm sending a PM for a few details to see how we can get it sorted.

Thanks

www.vaicompro.com
Old 12-20-2017, 06:47 AM   #15
Spetz

Attached is my DCS.log in txt format. Couldn't attach to PM
Attached Files
File Type: txt dcs.txt (30.3 KB, 504 views)

i7 7700k, MSI z270 M3 mobo, 16 Gb Ripjaw DDR4 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti, Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler, Corsair NVMe SSD for OS, 1tb Mushkin SSD for games, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, 5.1 surround, Oculus Rift
Old 12-20-2017, 06:59 AM   #16
Hollywood_315

Thanks this is helpful. You're having a socket load error in DCS.log same as the one Eric is having.
It seems that this could be related to your DCS installation paths (e.g. E:, G: drive in these cases) where certain modules cannot be found in the paths where they are expected.

I'll be looking into it and get back to you asap.

[UPDATE] SOLVED

I reproduced the problem and the plugin download file on the website is now fixed.
If you have an existing install please first remove the VAICOMPRO folder with contents from Saved Games/DCS/Scripts
and then replace the vaicompro.dll with the new download from the website. Restart VoiceAttack.
Let me know if this resolves it thanks.

www.vaicompro.com

Last edited by Hollywood_315; 12-30-2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #17
sc_neo

Hey mate, looks great. Two things, is the chatter extenseion completely new or something that you feature in a video somewhere? I'd like to get an impression of it first, before i decide whether i go with the full package or not. Additionally, i'd make an additional mention in the faq section on the website about this being build with Voice Attack in mind. Its listed on the main page, still some people might overlook it there.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #18
Hollywood_315

He neo - thanks! Yes I plan to put out a YouTube brief walkthrough clip in the next day or two-
I'll try to put in a flavor of the chatter function as well (btw you can get it separately anytime later).
Good idead about the FAQ - I'll work on a page update there.
Cheers

www.vaicompro.com
Old 12-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #19
sc_neo

hrm on that note. Does the chatter extension contain actual 'in contact' combat chatter, or just general day to day operations overnet talk?
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
Spetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
Thanks this is helpful. You're having a socket load error in DCS.log same as the one Eric is having.
It seems that this could be related to your DCS installation paths (e.g. E:, G: drive in these cases) where certain modules cannot be found in the paths where they are expected.

I'll be looking into it and get back to you asap.

[UPDATE]

I reproduced the problem and the plugin download file on the website is now fixed.
If you have an existing install please first remove the VAICOMPRO folder with contents from Saved Games/DCS/Scripts
and then replace the vaicompro.dll with the new download from the website. Restart VoiceAttack.
Let me know if this resolves it thanks.
Thanks. I'll have a run at it after work today.

Cheers and thanks for the uber-fast help!

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack