This video said everything ! - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #11
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
Not really. When you describe features as a "joke", I wouldn't call that polite. There's a way to critique without being offensive and hyperbolic.

Not to say he didn't make some valid points but the delivery certainly sounded like he had a personal axe to grind.
I agree the video does make some valid points, but we have only ever asked for mature and constructive feedback. If you cant find negative opinions on the forum you are not looking very hard, and certainly people don't get banned from them.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 10-13-2019, 08:18 PM   #12
OttoPus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
Not really. When you describe features as a "joke", I wouldn't call that polite. There's a way to critique without being offensive and hyperbolic.

Not to say he didn't make some valid points but the delivery certainly sounded like he had a personal axe to grind.
Well it is his personal point of view, and he's not making a personal attack to the team. Yes, he could express that sentiment saying something like:

"the fact that this feature is being advertised like that, and in reality it's currently in this status makes me feel like they are making fun of me [a.k.a. joke]"

But this is a poor and not very concise way of communication.

To me is still a polite way of making clear his sentiment, despite the contracted fashion.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #13
///Rage
Veteran

He has some interesting points but calling things a "Joke", "a pathetic release", "anti-consumer" and "a hideous release" discredits him in my opinion.

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Old 10-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #14
S-GERAT

I must admit that viewing that video saddened me. DCS have a lot of lacking features and problems, but I can't remember all of them until I see in the video.

Usually one day I miss a thing, another day I cry for a long time unfixed bug, another day I rage with the state of a module ( F-16, I wasn't expecting that earliest state ), but when somebody reminds all of the problems at the same time.. it hurts.

It makes me pessimistic about DCS and my investment on it ( I checked it just now and I'm near the 1500 $ expended on modules,maps and campaigns ). But as the video says sadly there isn't any other competitor right now..
Old 10-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #15
javelina1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi all

Nineline and I have had a conversation with our boss about this video, we have agreed there is lots in the video that made sense and we agreed with.
The team have listened and taken on board all of the feedback ( good and bad ) from the community so we hope that you will see improvement in the future, we will of course pass on any news in our newsletters as usual.

thanks for your support
thanks buddy, appreciate you sharing. Including the internal discussion too. I tend to focus on the positive aspects of things and your post and keeping this here is appreciated.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 32 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL
Old 10-13-2019, 09:25 PM   #16
dawgie79

Most things mentioned in the video I don't really care about. The only thing I miss is proper weather and night lighting. Both are essential for a simulator which revolves around flying. Sure, it's combat flight but flying nonetheless.

But hey. I'm not really one who complains, I'm fairly easy going when it comes to bugs. Besides, there's enough of complaining and hate already.

Since I (and many others I imagine) dreamt about flying fighter jets as a young boy, now with DCS in VR I can! So I won't be going anywhere, and keep on waiting patiently for updates and such. Although as I said, I hope the weather and night lighting (lighting in general) will be the first features being addressed.

That said. Thank you ED! Keep on going!
Old 10-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #17
Pâte

He is polite, and very constructive.

Words are strong because he is speaking with his feeling and hearth, on problems that are as strong. Saying for exemple that the weather system is a joke is not an hyperbol, it's the truth. As said, a love hate relation.

Years of raising bugs/problems with the feeling of not being listened, and the community having to work themself to create features that should be part of the game core ... etc ... at a point you use strong words.

But again let's see the futur. If ED follow the path BIGNEWY spoke about.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #18
Pâte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I agree the video does make some valid points, but we have only ever asked for mature and constructive feedback. If you cant find negative opinions on the forum you are not looking very hard, and certainly people don't get banned from them.
Don't get me wrong, it's improving currently. But yes i know many people and myself that saw topics / comments / chat, being removed / ignored when arguing against ED choices

Last edited by Pâte; 10-13-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #19
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Thanks for posting the link.

The vid seems nicely done, but I had to rage quit when the guy complained that the free DCS World doesn't even allow Air-to-Air combat and was limited to a ground-pounder and an unarmed trainer only.

Sorry, but that is just the most ludicrous thing to complain about, I really don't care what other conclusions the guy draws afterwards.

Anyway, it's good to know that the ED team are more resistant to those remarks and actually try to improve the game based on the more valid criticism.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #20
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Thanks for posting the link.

The vid seems nicely done, but I had to rage quit when the guy complained that the free DCS World doesn't even allow Air-to-Air combat and was limited to a ground-pounder and an unarmed trainer only.

Sorry, but that is just the most ludicrous thing to complain about, I really don't care what other conclusions the guy draws afterwards.

Anyway, it's good to know that the ED team are more resistant to those remarks and actually try to improve the game based on the more valid criticism.
Yeah , i had to disagree with those remarks as well . But i did find a lot to agree with otherwise .

"Hold my beer"
Closed Thread