Infinite Tanker Fuel - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
Swiftwin9s

Default Infinite Tanker Fuel

Can we please see an option to give specific aircraft infinite fuel, that way we can make longer missions using tankers and not have to worry about them running dry.
Swiftwin9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
upyr1

I'd rather see the refuel/rearm waypoint fixed, and an option where you could have two or more flights take turns flying a particular station. It would have the same results just simply be more realistic.
When Texico 1 is running low, arco takes off to take over, then Texico heads back
upyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
discwalker

Default Infinite fuel option to tankers +1

Our freeflight mission I needed to clone every tanker to a late activation second, and this is
more unrealistic than unlimited fuel tankers, because our tankers start in air,
and never land, they are disappear when descend to a specific altitude.
For a third set of tankers we need to struggle again with mission editor triggers. ME is not user friendly at all for tasking tankers.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #4
Swiftwin9s

I've tried to make re-spawning tankers before, but seeing as our missions run for 24hrs at a time it quickly becomes far too complex.
Swiftwin9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:24 PM   #5
Tippis

Quote:
Originally Posted by upyr1 View Post
I'd rather see the refuel/rearm waypoint fixed, and an option where you could have two or more flights take turns flying a particular station. It would have the same results just simply be more realistic.
When Texico 1 is running low, arco takes off to take over, then Texico heads back
Unless the LandingReArFu action is broken again, it works pretty well since the last two or three patches. You have to set up the timing pretty precisely or juggle a lot of triggers not to have the flight start overlapping each other.

It's also a huge mess to make AI aircraft make use of two different potential refuelling targets, though so there's still that issue.
Tippis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:52 AM   #6
upyr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippis View Post
Unless the LandingReArFu action is broken again, it works pretty well since the last two or three patches. You have to set up the timing pretty precisely or juggle a lot of triggers not to have the flight start overlapping each other.

It's also a huge mess to make AI aircraft make use of two different potential refuelling targets, though so there's still that issue.
I thought it was still broken- I know when I built a combined arms mission with the refuel/rearm waypoint for my CAS flights they just park instead of reaming and fueling and taking off again
upyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote