VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 314 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #3131
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjs View Post
When I first loaded VAICOM PRO (got the spelling correct this time) I spent hours training my voice. I also used a MS Dictionary Backup Tool (I think It was a MS tool - it was a long time ago) and saved the trading files.

And I did notice a positive difference with recognition after the training.
One specifically for the dictionary? i have to check that out. Thanks.

The original "Easy transfer" tool, for Vista to Windows 7 is supposed to be able to do this. But I can't find the correct one for Windows 10. I believe the name has changed.
But still, I would like to do it manually, and find out if I can add keywords and phrases directly into the file outside of the speech tools. That will be much quicker and less key/mouse clicks. And it will be a breeze to then train/record the voice. AND if it is possible to just copy it to another profile , I will be happy share this file with anyone. I have no clue how many words and phrases there must be now. My VAICOM profile has 814 now, that's mostly phrases without the single words I've added. So I would really hate to lose my work...
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #3132
Greyman

i added my, perhaps rather odd, pronunciations of the Georgian airfields, as there was no way i was going to get the default ones correct.

i'm actually going to have to add one for "Arco" as, for some reason, i can't get that one right at all
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #3133
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
i added my, perhaps rather odd, pronunciations of the Georgian airfields, as there was no way i was going to get the default ones correct.

i'm actually going to have to add one for "Arco" as, for some reason, i can't get that one right at all
Haha! Yeah! Me to.

Even though I have trained, several times, Gudauta. It won't ever be recognized.
But fun fact!

"Gudauta used to be home to a Soviet Air Defence Forces base, Bombora airfield."

So I've added "Bombora" as an alias. Much easier to pronounce!
90 percent hit rate. The other 10 is bomb, of course!
Old 10-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #3134
Greyman

I might just call "Arco" "Fred".
Old 10-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #3135
bradleyjs

I found it - eureka!

MS Speech Recognition Profile Manager Tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=22358

This seems to create a file with the extension of .spf. Not sure if its the best tool to use, but it beats having nothing and it’s compatible not to mention: FREE!

Ps - I forgot it’s Football Sunday right now and the games started at 1300. My Viper is down for maintenance (it’s a Code 3 in USAF terms) and could be in Hangar Queen status for the remainder of the day!
Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Last edited by bradleyjs; 10-13-2019 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Clarity
bradleyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #3136
MAXsenna

Cool. Will check it out. Spf sounds familiar.

Well. After tying with Spain yesterday, and watching many rugby, and rugby worldcup games this weekend. I'm full and leaving the hangar!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2019, 08:45 PM   #3137
stgchamby

Is it normal for information messages on the right side of the screen to pushed down to the bottom right while voice attack is active? If not, how is this prevented? I have tried to disable the comms menu in the config with no luck. Having messages a overlay on the top right of my cockpit instruments is a no go. I need them consistently in the upper right where they belong.

Any help?
stgchamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #3138
SPAS79

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3CFE View Post
Hello,

VMU in A10c is not working when using Voice attack with Vaicompro plugin.
I can see the subtitels, but hear no Sound..

If I start DCS without Voice Attack, Bitching Betty is loud and clear.

Does anybody have the same problem ?

Thanks already

Problem is solved with Latest Update.

Thanks Hollywood !!

To me, this is still happening with build .12
SPAS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:06 PM   #3139
Greyman

sounds like the audio device that DCS is sending sounds to is not the one that is being used by VoiceAttack and the latter is switching the selected audio device on startup.

Maybe check the settings on the VoiceAttack Audio tab.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:07 PM   #3140
bradleyjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Cool. Will check it out. Spf sounds familiar.

Well. After tying with Spain yesterday, and watching many rugby, and rugby worldcup games this weekend. I'm full and leaving the hangar!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
LOL
Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64
bradleyjs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack