TM HOTAS 3-way AP Switch for F-16 AP 3-Way switch - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 05:52 PM   #21
epoch

I just unmapped and re-mapped. Still working the same. Started in the centre position (ALT/HDG) then mapped up. Then down.
epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #22
ams999

epoch, do the buttons work for you like that in the air in normal level flight, too? Because for me they don't unfortunately - only on the ground or in flight with gear down and/or in high AOA. AFAICT that is because in those situations the autopilot doesn't actually engage - in level flight it then doesn't go back to center as it has engaged. I had to mod the default.lua for the intended behavior:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams999 View Post
I do hope that they get added officially - however, if anyone wants to add some bindings already (in \Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick\default.lua):

Toggle for CAT I/III:
{down = control_commands.StoresConfig, up = control_commands.StoresConfig, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('STORES CONFIG Switch - AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Left Auxiliary Console'), _('FLCS')}},

Toggle for AP pitch Alt:
{down = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ALT HOLD/AP OFF AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

Toggle for AP pitch Att:
{down = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ATT HOLD/AP OFF AMS'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},

I usually use my initials in the name of toggles I mod into the default.lua so I can search in-game for the ones I have modded by simply searching for 'AMS'. Of course feel free to name them however you like.

Last edited by ams999; 10-12-2019 at 06:18 PM.
ams999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #23
Majik

I've gone onto using a Target profile, but before I did, I had the three-way AP switch working fine (as well as the flaps switch used for roll/hdg), as well as occasionally not registering the centre/off until a restart (without changing binding). No idea why that would happen, but shows that something certainly isn't right with the binding.

Can't recommend this Target profile system enough:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454

All bindings work as they should, including 2-way Laser and Cat switches

Last edited by Majik; 10-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #24
epoch

Quote:
epoch, do the buttons work for you like that in the air in normal level flight, too? Because for me they don't unfortunately - only on the ground or in flight with gear down and/or in high AOA. AFAICT that is because in those situations the autopilot doesn't actually engage - in level flight it then doesn't go back to center as it has engaged. I had to mod the default.lua for the intended behavior:
Bugger You're quite right ... it seems inconsistent in the air. I never noticed this previously (sometimes I forget to use the switch and click in-game instead). But yeah, just tested and it's fine on the ground and ... unreliable .. in the air. Sorry for the misleading info. I'll give your lua edits a try (thanks for those).
epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #25
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, well done!
The switches only work like that with weight on wheels or landing gear down, and not in the air!
Never noticed that before. Is that the same in other modules?
Makes me think, why can't the switch work that way all the time?
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Virpil WarBRD base · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:34 PM   #26
SGT Coyle

So can anybody tell me why this doesn't work in TARGET SE?
Code:
//Autopilot Select Switch *************************
 MapKey(&Throttle,APPAT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_ALT_HOLD);
MapKeyR(&Throttle,APPAT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_A_P_OFF);

MapKeyR(&Throttle,APALT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_A_P_OFF);
 MapKey(&Throttle,APALT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_ATT_HOLD);
But this does does?
Code:
//Flap *************************
MapKey(&Throttle,FLAPU, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_HDG_SEL);
MapKeyR(&Throttle,FLAPU, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_ATT_HOLD);

MapKeyR(&Throttle,FLAPD, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_ATT_HOLD);
 MapKey(&Throttle,FLAPD, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_STRG_SEL);

I'm using DirectX commands in the macros, but AP control switch will only twitch when activated. The Roll selection works fine. As you can see it's the same setup just on the Flap switch.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:56 AM   #27
Supmua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Coyle View Post
So can anybody tell me why this doesn't work in TARGET SE?
Code:
//Autopilot Select Switch *************************
 MapKey(&Throttle,APPAT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_ALT_HOLD);
MapKeyR(&Throttle,APPAT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_A_P_OFF);

MapKeyR(&Throttle,APALT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_A_P_OFF);
 MapKey(&Throttle,APALT, PULSE + Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_ATT_HOLD);
But this does does?
Code:
//Flap *************************
MapKey(&Throttle,FLAPU, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_HDG_SEL);
MapKeyR(&Throttle,FLAPU, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_ATT_HOLD);

MapKeyR(&Throttle,FLAPD, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_ATT_HOLD);
 MapKey(&Throttle,FLAPD, PULSE + Autopilot_ROLL_Switch_STRG_SEL);

I'm using DirectX commands in the macros, but AP control switch will only twitch when activated. The Roll selection works fine. As you can see it's the same setup just on the Flap switch.

I no longer use Target, but it seems I need to set the button press duration in joystick gremlin which does similar thing for this to activate. Try 0.5 second for each execution.
Throttles: TMWx2
VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #28
SGT Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supmua View Post
I no longer use Target, but it seems I need to set the button press duration in joystick gremlin which does similar thing for this to activate. Try 0.5 second for each execution.

Thanks.
Had to set the KB rate to 75,75.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #29
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
None of the ED's F-16 switches are setup this way, making the real 3 way position switches of the warthog somewhat useless for a 3 way switch in the F-16.
Most 3 way switches are now set up for "Either / Or" operation. Either in the Default Category or under the "Special For Joystick" category. That being said some may not be working at the moment. For example Anti-Skid works between Off and Anti-Skid but doesn't work Anti-Skid to Parking break...I'll report that in the bugs section and let them sort it out.

I just tested this.

Instrument Panel Category

Autopilot PITCH Switch - ALT HOLD JOY_BTN27
Autopilot PITCH Switch - ALT HOLD JOY_BTN28

Switch Forward/Up selects - ALT HOLD
Switch Center Selects Center/OFF position

Switch Aft/DOWN selects - ATT HOLD
Switch Center Selects Center/OFF position.

Which I believe is the operation you are looking for.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:59 PM   #30
FoxOne007

For those still wanting to have this, Oliver the LUA Wizard from 476th vFG made a mod for this to work. You can download it over on there website: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/down...do=file&id=533
FoxOne007 is offline   Reply With Quote